Clothing Optional Cruising??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
all of the people we have encountered who were cruising nude, were not really the kind of naked people you like to see.
R.f5392e490782f287981882b8bf3be005

When you get to where you don't care if anyone sees you naked, no one wants to see you naked.

Hahaha I’m still young and in shape but I have the feeling by the time I get to
Enjoy this I will be old and ya know lol

I’m a good deck scrubber, still look good naked, decent eye candy for the wife and can change a racor hahahahha

Robe, cigar, cold beverage and 8knots is more my speed but can’t do that on my not so classy fishing boat lol

The robe, bevvy and cigar would cerainly make the pump out dock more interesting.

Attachments

• shitters+full.jpeg
    shitters+full.jpeg
    24.7 KB · Views: 228
Reminded of a time we cruised in company. The skipper of one boat designated it "a nude boat". Not optional but a condition of boarding. We didn`t board. Seemed the nudity rule didn`t apply on deck outside, in the dinghy or boat hopping.

In my experience, nude boating or beaching or swimming is not about what you look like to others. Sure, there are many exhibtionists, but the majority of people being nude, do it because they enjoy it, regardless of what others may think about how they look.

In my experience, nude boating or beaching or swimming is not about what you look like to others. Sure, there are many exhibtionists, but the majority of people being nude, do it because they enjoy it, regardless of what others may think about how they look.

Wifey B: Nude beaches in some areas like on some of the Greek islands are incredible. Sometimes hilarious like when you meet young college girls from other areas on their first nude beach. In Miami, South Beach is beautiful and uninhibited, but Haulover (complete nudity) is not a place I find pleasant. Most nude beaches elsewhere don't have so many men alone on the beach. :nonono:

As to nudity on a boat or at home, it must flow, can't be forced. Some stranger wanting an invitation is crazy. You don't go from conservatively dressed in shirt and long pants to deciding to get naked. For me it's from bikini to very skimpy bikini to topless to nudity. And it only happens among like minded and those comfortable around each other. :)

There's also a practical matter. Ocean swims have their challenges. I'd never try to dock a boat nude. Nudity is freely allowed on our boat, but surprisingly little of it. Oh perhaps someone hasn't dressed yet in the morning and running outside their stateroom or late at night they go for water. But not just nudity for nudity's sake. Nudity on a boat is not compatible with a lot of the activities. I don't cook nude (well don't cook much so not a problem). I'm not going to handle an anchor nude. Nude isn't good for rough water. Nudity on a boat is best for a hot tub or to lounge under the stars. It's best for quiet times. :)

Also know local laws. Topless is legal in Fort Lauderdale, but not in Myrtle Beach and not in the Bahamas.

Careful...

Attachments

• Nude Sunbathing.jpg
    Nude Sunbathing.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 130
On many a trip on our sailboat while lolling along in the hot sun, when alone, we would drop bathing suits whilst keeping a watchful eye and a handy towel.

Something about the sun in the altogether.

Nude beach? Nope. I like my privacy.

My wife and a couple of her friends dropped their tops while tanning one trip.

Only time I have ever run aground.

I'm afraid many of you are completely missing the point of nudity when cruising or any other time and reducing it to voyeurism. I think that includes the originator of this thread perhaps, so can't blame others. It's freedom with those of similar mindset. It's not even sexual in nature. Many different reasons for it. Some couples who just like to be naked together. Some who just don't like tan lines. Many who just find being without clothes comfortable and freeing.

I had never skinny dipped or sunbathed nude before meeting my wife. Now, however, I think nothing of nude swimming in our pool with our friends or of walking around on our boat nude at times. However, for the most part, I do wear some clothes, just for protection. While I wasn't around for Adam and Eve days, I suspect clothes originated more for protection from the elements than for modesty.

I agree B and said the same thing in a much earlier post (more or less). After going to a nude beach for the first time a long time ago, I never wanted to swim at a beach in a bathing suit again and have to sit around in damp uncomfortable shorts all day. That doesn't mean that I'm a nudist by any means, but it is much more enjoyable as well as practicle for a day at the beach. Modesty around nudity is just man-made rules but are really kind of silly when you really think about it.

Nakedness is fine at the right time and place. For those comfortable with being nude; first time in a group elicits "hard", "moist" responses. "Back in the day..." :D :dance:

According to one study - when clothed!

To put that theory to the test, researchers enlisted 163 female and 120 male college students. All were given handheld tally counters, and 59 students were asked to track thoughts and cravings about food, 61 tracked sleep thoughts, and 163 tracked sexual thoughts of any kind.

The researchers also surveyed the participants beforehand to estimate how often they thought about these basic needs.

The study showed men thought about sex 19 times per day on average, compared to women who reported having nearly 10 sexual thoughts per day. Men thought about food 18 times a day and sleeping 11 times a day. Women thought about food 15 times a day, and sleep 8.5 times a day.

So much for the fellas thinking sex every seven seconds?

"It's amazing the way people will spout off these fake statistics that men think about sex nearly constantly and so much more often than women do," study author Dr. Terri Fisher, professor of psychology at Ohio State University's Mansfield campus, said in a written statement.

What explains the findings?

"We found that it appears that there's not just a sex difference with regard to thoughts about sex, but also with regard to thoughts about sleep and food. That's very significant," Fisher said. She said the findings suggest men may simply have more of these thoughts, or can recall them better.

"It's difficult to know, but what is clear is it's not uniquely sex that they're spending more time thinking about, but other issues related to their biological needs, as well."

The study was published in the Nov. 28 issue of the Journal of Sex Research.

Fisher said the results may not suggest male and female gender differences, but rather how comfortable a person is with their sexuality, a trait known as erotophilia. Overall, the study showed that men and women who scored highest in erotophilia on the survey were more likely to think about sex.

The bottom line? Fisher said, "There's really no good reason that our society should have believed that men are thinking so much more about sex than women.

A perfect summation of nudism.
Also might add that diving naked into warm water from your own boat is as close to heaven as I will be getting.?

Also might add that diving naked into warm water from your own boat is as close to heaven as I will be getting.?

Wifey B: Same thing on a pool in one's own yard. Bathing suits, especially for women, just distract from the pleasure and tan you unevenly. We do wear suits depending on guests present, but swimming without is far more comfortable. :D

There's also something to be said for lounging on the flybridge as the sun sets or as it rises au naturel. It's just you and the moon and the stars and the gentle salt air breeze which is so good for your skin and your breathing. It's not to exhibit for others, but simply to enjoy yourself. :D

Thanks and I agree with you!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom