Ideas for replacement of this miserable sprayer?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mncruiser

Vessel Name
Phoenix
Vessel Make
Mainship 390
I’ve got two of these freshwater sprayers on my Mainship 390. They leak, almost always. I cut the aft one off and capped it out of frustration this spring, and the bow one takes literally beating it on the anchor to make it stop flowing. Miserable design!

IMG_1808.jpg

There is limited space in the receptacle you see there, have not come up with a replacement anywhere.

I’d be open to replacing the whole thing if you all have any great solutions.

Thank you!

Huh. We have the same thing on our Mainship (37 MY, very different boat but identical sprayer). I've always been pretty happy with it and found it pretty easy to replace, and they've never leaked. I've just replaced it once though, when the base finally cracked after the 25th winterization of the boat and the marina forgot to flush the sprayer hose in the water locker. Maybe we're just lucky. For sure though, it's a light wash-off sprayer, definitely won't blast barnacles. My favorite thing about Sandvik is that even though our boat is 25 years old now, we can still get the exact replacement parts from Sandvik's entire production line. No "planned obsolescence" for them, I sure respect that.

https://www.scandvik.com/index.cfm?method=products_Category&catID=386

https://www.defender.com/product.jsp?path=-1|51|2234270|2234275&id=844198

Walmart
Home Depot
Lowe's

Go to any of these, buy a regular kitchen sprayer with hose and replace the whole thing.

That looks like a Scandvik product. I’d give them a call and talk to them about the problem.
They are nice folks and sell high quality products.

That looks like a Scandvik product. I’d give them a call and talk to them about the problem.
They are nice folks and sell high quality products.

Maybe I will. I might have unrealistic expectations about how long things last in a marine environment. They are 21 years old. I’ve just been frustrated with the constant leaks and would much prefer an on/off turn style valve, seems less troublesome.

Twenty years old! You got your money’s worth. The seals are worn out. Just buy a new sprayer head and be done with it. You’re lucky they still make it. Your going to drive yourself crazy looking for a better one.

Maybe I will. I might have unrealistic expectations about how long things last in a marine environment. They are 21 years old. I’ve just been frustrated with the constant leaks and would much prefer an on/off turn style valve, seems less troublesome.
One of the best 'toggle' style valves - meaning a simple push action - I have
used is this durable, U.S. made beauty:
https://www.amazon.com/SWAGELOK-B1G...655012915&sprefix=toggle+valve,aps,165&sr=8-5

I have 4 or 5 of them. The only drawback is that it is only 1/4" NPT size so
may restrict the flow somewhat.

Twenty years old! You got your money’s worth. The seals are worn out. Just buy a new sprayer head and be done with it. You’re lucky they still make it. Your going to drive yourself crazy looking for a better one.

Yep. I think you’re on to something. I’m just being stubborn!

Don't have one like that but do they come apart ?? Maybe grit inside or make a home made seal or O ring and back in business.
If it lasted 20 some years show it some love !! :)

Back
Top Bottom