Can someone identify this fitting type?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Flatswing

Guru
Vessel Name
River Girl
Vessel Make
2004 DeFever 49 RPH
I am trying to replace a 12v solenoid valve (normally closed) which supplies fresh water to the windshield washers. It is a Goyen solenoid but of course when I search for the part number on the solenoid, nothing with these fittings comes up.

I could just get a standard 12v, 1/2" solenoid valve, but if I could get the same valve with similar fittings, it would make the connections to existing copper much easier in restricted space available.

Your assistance is appreciated

I cannot seem to identify these fittings

Attachments

• IMG_1002.jpg
    IMG_1002.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 54
I am trying to replace a 12v solenoid valve (normally closed) which supplies fresh water to the windshield washers. It is a Goyen solenoid but of course when I search for the part number on the solenoid, nothing with these fittings comes up.

I could just get a standard 12v, 1/2" solenoid valve, but if I could get the same valve with similar fittings, it would make the connections to existing copper much easier in restricted space available.

Your assistance is appreciated

The fittings shown come with that valve.
The outboard ends look like 1/2" male pipe.
Any 1/2" valve will have either male or female (or barb) in/outs so you can adapt it to your existing copper fittings.

If the space is really cramped you can use PEX or similar adapters
with a short piece of hose.

Last edited:

I think the fittings/connections are called QEST -- which might be an acronym of some sort. Or might be the original patent holder.

We've had Jabsco freshwater pumps/accumulators on our previous boat that use those fittings... and they're kinda nifty.

We also had a Jabsco solenoid that controlled input water to the Quiet Flush electric freshwater toilet on that boat. I think that used QEST fittings but my pics aren't quite clear enough to tell for sure.

Edit: Ah, I see now, @Irene's link is the solenoid we had.

-Chris

Jabsco pump fittings would be my first guess too.

Thx to all. Turns out these are called Flojet quad fittings by Qest.

Back
Top Bottom