Teak is gone!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Everything in Moderation

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Dauntless 2.0
The teak decks are gone from the side decks on the sides and back. Now what to put back on. Fiberglass but not 100% where to start. Ideas?

Attachments

• 60986CFE-DCAC-48CF-B42F-115B96FC0274.jpg
    60986CFE-DCAC-48CF-B42F-115B96FC0274.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 72
  • 10CF5290-F2E9-48A1-A3BA-7EE194EA609D.jpg
    10CF5290-F2E9-48A1-A3BA-7EE194EA609D.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 54
I live the look if the modern fake teams. Not slippery, looks real, and never fades...

It depends on the condition of the fiberglass deck. Is it structurally sound or do you need to build some thickness and strength into it? I like 1708 bi-axial glass and epoxy resin. Epoxy is stronger than poly resins. Maybe check out BoatWorks Today website. He has a lot of videos on working with glass.

thank goodness. interior wood is great, wood outside NOT.

How hard would it be to get that deck filler up into the cabin side?

I would probably have worked that out before I removed the teak deck. Just sayin'...

Great job on removing the teak! Dauntless must be beaming.

Listen to ComoDave. He knows of what he speaks.

Cheers,
Mrs. Trombley

Why did you take the teak up?

Whatever you decide, make sure to add thickness to original height or you will always have water on side deck because scupper will be higher.

Here's a picture of a side deck plug by one the fuel fills from Hobo, hull #120. Your project is looking good!

Attachments

• side deck.JPG
    side deck.JPG
    160.4 KB · Views: 34
If you're looking for non-skid, easy on bare feet and reasonable maintenance, you should look at SeaCork.

It depends on the condition of the fiberglass deck. Is it structurally sound or do you need to build some thickness and strength into it? I like 1708 bi-axial glass and epoxy resin. Epoxy is stronger than poly resins. Maybe check out BoatWorks Today website. He has a lot of videos on working with glass.

Yep what he said! Glass in epoxy is the most cost effective and easy to maintain. I did one this way and just laminated a piece of heavy roven cloth heat trimmed 1" smaller on all edges fot the last layer with a thinner wetting out top coat and got a very good non skid surface that left clean edges along the cabin and toe rails.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom