Identifying the OP

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RT Firefly

Enigma
Greetings,
To any and all of our magnificent "mod" team. I think this question has been asked before but would it be possible to identify the author of a thread in his/her subsequent posts in the same thread somehow?

Ex: RT Firefly (OP). or

RT Firefly

Thank you.

It already does...

See the green Square with OP in it? Screenshot_20220518-105657.jpg

When you go to each sub-forum, the author is listed with the thread title. I’m not sure about the app but this is the case for an iPad or PC.

Attachments

• 62091324-DCF4-442A-A8C1-A6CD9C28A388.jpg
    62091324-DCF4-442A-A8C1-A6CD9C28A388.jpg
    183.1 KB · Views: 27
When I view the forum on my laptop, all threads show the last person to respond, but not the originator.

Greetings,
Mr. NS. Nope. No green square. (on PC)
Mr. LM. Your post #6. Fair enough if I start off in the title page but if I comment one or two pages later, there is no identification of the OP unless I go back to the title page and try and figure out just who I am responding to.

Try the hybrid display mode on a PC. Keeps conversations well sorted.

Attachments

• Capture RTF.JPG
    Capture RTF.JPG
    104.3 KB · Views: 16
No square.

No fan of the hybrid mode either.

When I view the forum on my laptop, all threads show the last person to respond, but not the originator.
If using the web view on laptop you should see the screen shot Larry posted
OP is shown on Left under thread title
Latest poster is hiwn on the right side

In that screen shot RTF is shown as OP immediately under thread title
Latest poster (at the time indicated) was Nortern Spy 1:10 PM

If using the TF App you should see the green OP box next to any reply by the OP.
View attachment 128777

Last edited:
Greetings,
Mr. B. Your link (post #12) brings me to this:

Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator
Funky stuff between App ( that I was using ) and website I'm guessing.
Do you see Larry's screen shot in post #6?
I see the title W RTF udentified below the title and Northern Spy as Latest reply as of 1:10 PM

Greetings,
Mr. B. I have THAT page and it does indeed show the OP of every thread AND the last poster in each individual thread. MY question arises in regards a multi-page thread where an OP may be commenting on individual answers several times over several pages. Kind of a PIA to have to flip back to page #1 to remember who the OP is and what questions they are asking and answering.

RT. I feel your problem on a laptop. It is noce to see a op post icon to help follow a post. I think that is why I always visit here on tapatalk with my phone.

RT. I feel your problem on a laptop. It is noce to see a op post icon to help follow a post. I think that is why I always visit here on tapatalk with my phone.
I'm sort of in the same camp... view & read posts from tablet using app. If I need to add files, pics etc to a reply or post I'll grab the laptop and work from the website.
Just my opinion based on previous requests & exchanges with Admin...
SK will likely not invest significant time/ effort on enhancements to the existing platform. A new, updated forum software us anticipated in the future and focus will be on making that a step improvement vs band aids for the old system.
The suggestion is worth capturing for the next gen forum software and I have forwarded it for consideration at the appropriate time.

EDIT: Admin acknowledged the suggestion and indicated the feature should be part of the future upgrade.

Last edited:
Thanks to RTF - I, too, am frustrated by the difficulty in identifying the OP when on page 2 and beyond.

Here's a bit of a workaround. Open two TF sites/threads at the same time, and keep one for referencing back to the OP, and subsequent posts, while still keeping the thread you are working on the reply from open.

This working them in parallel makes it easy then refresh your mind as to who said what and when, and also to quickly copy/paste the specific parts of any comment you might want to quote without quoting the whole post each time, or doing a heap of editing. Just sayin'... :)

Nice try, RTF.

Here's a bit of a workaround. Open two TF sites/threads at the same time, and keep one for referencing back to the OP, and subsequent posts, while still keeping the thread you are working on the reply from open.

This working them in parallel makes it easy then refresh your mind as to who said what and when, and also to quickly copy/paste the specific parts of any comment you might want to quote without quoting the whole post each time, or doing a heap of editing. Just sayin'... :)

I often do this when trying to keep on track with a reply. Not just on this forum.

However, I too could not find any green box. A green dot in the Lower L.H. corner telling me someone is on or offline but not identifying the O.P. or the thread.

The green box is found on an Android phone using the app.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom