Spot

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Blue Heron

Guru
I just received a SPOT as a gift. Now trying to figure out weather to mount it or keep it handy like in the ditch bag. Not as a EPRB but to send routine info etc. thoughts on what works for those of you using it?

I used mine lots, I always keep it on my belt and use my iPhone to send messages via bluetooth to the family, workers or to someone trying to locate me i.e. when no signal. I have found it very handy to have out in the country or on the water especially when the cell phone signal is week. Chip was the one who got me interested in the device.

Sent from my iPhone using Trawler

Ocean Breeze NL said:
I used mine lots, I always keep it on my belt and use my iPhone to send messages via bluetooth to the family, workers or to someone trying to locate me i.e. when no signal. I have found it very handy to have out in the country or on the water especially when the cell phone signal is week. Chip was the one who got me interested in the device.

Weak haha - hate spell check some times and thumbs too big lol

I have had one for about 3 years now. When cruising I post the days activities and a link to our Spot location on Google Maps it makes it easy for our family and friends to keep track of where we are, they can view in satelite or map mode. While we are crossing the Gulf from Tampa to Apalachicola I usually send out a couple of OK messages along the way to a short list.
I find it well worth the cost.
Steve W

Back
Top Bottom