Old 05-12-2022, 06:24 PM   #26
psneeld
Guru

City: Ft Pierce
Vessel Name: Sold
Vessel Model: Was an Albin/PSN 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by FWT View Post
Wow. You have cast your net more broadly than me. I tip my hat to that.

I will just throw out a fact. Not opinion. Fact. Bank industry deposits have soared. It began with covid in 2020 but continues today. When people get scared they hoard cash. Covid got them scared, but that's past. But that cash hoard is still high.

Second weird fact. Bank deposits are huge. So huge that someone I know had Bank of America refuse to take for deposit a check from a real estate settlement, telling them they had max deposit limit of $85,000 per month. They switched banks.

Third weird fact. Credit card debt is soaring.

The facts suggest some are hoarding cash. Others can't make ends meet without tapping credit.
Not sure what you mean by casting a net.... I am a traveller by nature and between careers and personal motives....have always looked over the horizon. I also always try to limit my "stances" to be based on actual experience of things much more than in a haphazard or casual manner.

Similar to the downer post...I don't find any of that weird but to be expected with what is going on...

Well, the $85,000 bank limit is sorta weird....but a lot of banking laws started getting weird in the 1990's in my experience.

Most things in life become explainable when a few key facts/issues surface. Sit back and watch the Monday morning quarterbacks emerge as each phase of these "new" but really previously experienced happenings fade into the past.
psneeld is offline   Reply With Quote