View Single Post
Old 05-12-2022, 11:39 AM   #15
FWT
Guru

City: Centreville MD
Vessel Name: Resilient
Vessel Model: Helmsman Trawlers 38E
Peter:

Not making fun of you for quoting him, but I will poke fun of Cramer. "This morning, CNBC investment wonk Jim Cramer proclaimed "The Great Resignation ended yesterday!"

In certain investments circles there are two guys in particular who show up on CNBC that get laughed at a lot. One is some hedge fund guy named Gartman. Gartman has an outstanding record of being wrong on every call he makes on CNBC. Yet CNBC keeps having him on. He's so bad, you will see online comments such as: "Gartman said sell. You know what to do." (IE, buy with both fists). Lately one site has been posting almost daily some old tweets from Cramer who swore the stock market had bottomed, several times, most recently in March. I just had to share because it wouldn't be funny in the Humor page here. And I admit many won't find it funny here either. It cracks me up.

But to your point about surveys and behavior. Most folks say one thing and do another. I confess I do read them too, and polls, with as much conviction as horoscopes. I take cheer from the good ones I agree with and dismiss the rest. Hey, I'm human.

Apart from boats, I do see people changing behavior. Because they have to. No choice. They can't buy everything they used to buy on the same paycheck. So they have to make tough choices, and its no surprise they don't like having to make them. Scared off by fuel prices or not, some will find the budget room they had for luxuries like boats just isn't there anymore.

This too shall pass, but it might be a while.
FWT is offline   Reply With Quote