• Trawler Forum Classified Posting Guidelines
    • We expect ads placed to be related to the topic of this forum.
    • Ads that are inactive for 180 days or longer may be moved to the Classified Archive and locked. Ads may be relisted if the item is still current. Alternatively, owners may contact a Moderator to reinstate an archived ad.
    • The Classified section is for advertising, members are asked to refrain from posting discussions to a Classified Ad. Please start a discussion thread or PM the owner for discussions.
    • Do not hijack another member's ad by posting unsolicited commentary. Example: if a member has posted an ad offering an anchor for sale, don't add a post to his thread stating that you have an anchor you'd like to get rid of also. Posts deemed as unsolicited commentary may be removed.
    • For your own security, do NOT include your e-mail or phone number in your ad. Instead request that interested parties contact you via PM (private message) to provide owners contact info.
    • Brokers, Dealers, or those with a commercial interest in a sale are prohibited from posting in Classifieds.
    • Only Trawler Forum Commercial Members may post ads in the Commercial section. You must be a designated Commercial Member to start threads in this section of the forum. (Contact a moderator if you have questions about this)
    • Don't post links to commercial sites where you are also offering the boat, such as eBay, Craigslist or Yachtworld, etc. unless it contains a more in-depth description, additional information or pictures.
    • Place only one ad per item (you may repost only when your ad has expired and been removed).
    For Sale ads MUST include:
    • Asking price
    • Clear statement whether you are the owner or non-owner (posting for friend, relative, or acquaintance)
    • Don't forget to select: FOR SALE, WANTED or FREE in the Title block.
    All ads should also include ALL the following:
    • Pertinent maintenance and condition information
    • Exterior picture or pictures
    • Interior picture or pictures (boats)
    For maximum impact & exposure, it is suggested the Ad Title include: Year, Manufacturer, Model, Length, Price, and Location or at the very top of the ad body. When your item has sold or the ad is no longer relevant: Please post a Reply to the ad that the item is SOLD or click "Report Post" on post 1 of the thread to ask a moderator to archive the ad. Ads may be moved or removed by our staff at any time for any reason. All ads must comply with site rules. Thanks for your cooperation.
  • Avoid Scams.

Our classifieds are free and anyone registered here is welcome to post an ad.
    Be aware that there are unscrupulous folks out there. Avoid any interaction that seems odd to you or �feels� wrong. Inquiries from unknown buyers, buyers �agents� and other non-traditional approaches should be treated with extreme caution.

Beware of unsolicited contacts offering to put you in touch with someone else who is buying or selling via e-mail or text.

Do not post your e-mail address or phone number in a classifieds ad.

Hints that you may be dealing with a Scammer:
    • Seller or Buyer approaches you via a direct email or PM and then steers you to an off-site communication method (text or email).
    • No posts or very few forum posts.
    • Recent forum membership
    • Insists on conducting negotiations via email or text rather than PM
    • Requires payment via Bank Transfer, BitCoin/CryptoCurrency, WesternUnion or other unsecured method.
    • Buyer or Seller suggests Paypal "Friends and Family" payment. Paypal is a good way to arrange payment but an invoice for goods and services should be used rather than "Friends and Family". "Friends and Family" avoids fees BUT there is no recourse if the transaction runs aground. Friends and Family is for gifts only. There is no protection for Friends and Family transactions, so never ever use it to buy something.
    • Declines to allow viewing the item before proceeding with the transaction.

Cheoy Lee 46 LRC $130k, Ft Lauderdale FL

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RT Firefly

Enigma
Aw snap. I have no idea how to post pictures AND I did read the directions.
bin

bin

bin

bin

Last edited:
Do you actually think we would be foolish enough to believe that YOU do not know how to post pictures?!?!

Greetings,
Mr. SC. Nope. Text size too large. I need a pre-teen to do this for me.

"Run out and find me a four-year-old child, I can't make head or tail of it.”

--R.T. Firefly

Greetings,
Mr. AP. Yep. That's about the size of it. 4 year old is probably about 3' or so.

I find it easier to service the valves with the engine in that position.

Tator

RTF - is this some sort of guerilla marketing campaign to develop anticipation for your boat? Or is the Elon Musk method where actual delivery lags promised by a lot? Or is your wife forcing you to list the boat and this is your way of quiet rebellion?

Seriously, good luck with your listing.....

Peter

Greetings,
Mr. MV. None of the above. My better 3/4 wants to cruise locally (canals, restaurants, near shore ocean fishing) and is in full agreement Savasa is, VERY unfortunately, NOT the boat to do it in.

She will be listed with a brokerage in short order but I wanted to offer her to TF members at a good price, first, minus the commission fees for $130K. Quite firm on that price as she's a LOT of boat that, in spite of her age, is in much better than average condition (IMO). She's in the yard, now, having the anti-foul updated and a suspect through-hull replaced.

In spite of the fact I have no problems copying and pasting any number of images from the web, getting them from my computer to this post is a mystery, thus far.

iu

RTF, apologies if you've already stated it but where is this magnificent vessel located?

Greetings,
Mr. K. Fort Lauderdale, FL. I keep getting "The text that you have entered is too long (311864 characters). Please shorten it to 40000 characters long"

I've tried making the pictures smaller but they end up as posted. Too small and sideways.

Unfortunately, I cannot send pictures via PM, but here is how I add pictures to TF posts from my PC. Android/Phone is a bit easier to attach, but more difficult to manage the description.

TF PIC INSERT 1.jpg

TF PIC INSERT 2.jpg

TF PIC INSERT 3.jpg

TF PIC INSERT 4.jpg

TF PIC INSERT 5.jpg

Last edited:
Mr. RT -

I do hope you get this figured out in short order as I wait breathlessly to see pics of your beautiful vessel!

:)

- Darren

FOR SALE: Cheoy Lee 46 LRC $130k, Ft Lauderdale FL

Our beloved primate-loving "RTF" seems to have troubles posting pics of his Cheoy Lee 46 LRC trawler. I volunteered to add some pics and assist with the posting.

• OWNER: RTF. He is on this thread. Feel free to PM him for more details
  • ASKING PRICE: $130k (pre-market)
  • SISTERSHIP LISTING ON YACHTWORLD: https://www.yachtworld.com/yacht/1979-cheoy-lee-46-8203154/ (this was my idea to add since I was curious about the general layout and owner pictures are limited. It's in Spain so clearly not RTFs boat)

Clearly a knowledgeable owner. Given RTF has struggled to list his for sale ad on TF, I have a hunch he's probably ready to list with a broker. If you have any interest, I wouldn't dawdle.

Best success. Wish I were in the market.....

Peter

Cheoy Lee 46 Profile Pic 1.jpg

Cheoy Lee 46 Profile Pic 2.jpg

Cheoy Lee 46 Profile Pic 3.jpg

Last edited:
More Pictures

A few more pictures to whet your appetite.......

Cheoy Lee 46 Front Close up.jpg

Cheoy Lee 46 Stbd View.jpg

Cheoy Lee 46 Saloon.jpg

Cheoy Lee 46 Master Stateroom.jpg

Greetings,
Thanks so much Mr. mv. I will post further details, alas no pictures, later on today. Hopefully I can do THAT much. ...Sigh...

Very nice RT . Good luck with the sale.

Greetings,
OK gang. She's lying fort Lauderdale, Florida
$130K for a limited time.
Canadian documented vessel BUT US duty has been paid.

1979 Cheoy Lee 46' LRC
Twin Lehman 120 with aprox. 4335 hours
15Kw Onan generator with aprox. 1500 hours (have to check the exact #'s)
Naiad stabilizers

To the best of my ability and poor memory, from bow to stern (exterior) NO misrepresentation intended!!!!!

Deck:

Lofrans windlass with deck and 2 station controls (canvas cover)
Aprox. 300'? BBB chain (5/8")
Aprox. 300'? 3/4" nylon rode (separate)
Bruce anchor (about 30Kg.)
Secondary Danforth anchor.
5-12" Taylor fenders with lines
Salt water washdown faucet.
2-20 Lb. horizontal propane tanks in vented locker (under bow seat)
Xintex fume detector with control panel in pilothouse
Numerous 30amp and 50amp power cords with multiple adapters (under bow seat)
50amp power plugs (port and starboard alongside bow bench seating)
Spot light with 2 station remote controls (canvas cover)
Self parking wipers (x3)
Port and starboard entry doors to pilothouse.
Passarelle with 2 side and one rear fittiments.
Front, side and rear passageway lights (dome lights).
Hot and cold fresh water faucet (rear deck)
ALL exterior decks coated with KiwiGrip (2022)

Pilothouse:

Full engine instrumentation
Wood Freeman autopilot with remote control
Naiad control
Furino radar (18 mile)
Garmen 520S GPS/sonar (same on upper station)
VHF
SSB
Wagner Hydraulic steering
Sestrel compass (4" card?)
Windlass chain counter
Xantrex inverter/charger (2.5 Kw/130amp charge?) control panel
Dimable map light
Red/white LED ceiling fixture
Pilot berth
Dedicated AC/heat

Engine start
Engine stop (manual pull cable)with alarm buzzers
Ladder to Flybridge
Plumbed for icemaker below ladder.
Inter-cabin intercom

Flybridge:

Engine controls and gauges.
Engine start
VHF
Sestrel compass (4" card?)
Stepable mast with 2 winches for launching dinghy
Mast spreader lights
Navigation lights
Lightning rod.
Wood Freeman control
Naiad control
Fresh water hose bib
2-110V duplex receptacles (GFCI)
15HP Yamaha 2 stroke outboard
10' (aprox) AB hard floor dinghy
2 seat/lounge deck lockers
Bell
Bimini top
Console cover
Inter-cabin intercom

Last edited:
Greetings,
Whew! Didn't wipe myself out once....
Round 2:

Galley:

Seaward 3 burner range
110v refrigerator/freezer
Full compliment of dishes, cutlery, pots & pans
Double SS sink
New sink faucet (2019)
Corian counter top
Well supplied with storage cupboards/drawers
Microwave oven (new-April 2022)
Wood cutting board

Saloon:

Settee recovered (2019) Storage under seats
TV
Stereo
Dedicated AC/heat (two outlet)
LED lighting
New area rug
Venetian blinds
Dining table (seats 8-Iroko)
Screened opening windows (X3)
Folding deck chairs and 2 side tables

Below Forward: Access to forward cabins from pilothouse (port side)

V-berth with filler (essentially a double and single)
Rode locker

Ample drawer storage
LED lighting
Dedicated AC/heat

Guest cabin with walk around queen bed
Lots of storage including under berth
AC/heat shared with master
12v fan (oscillating)

Forward head shared between v-berth and guest
Raritan Crown head (serviced 2022)
3 way waste discharge valve (new 2022)
Teak "grill" floor boards
Shower sump system (serviced 2022)

Below Aft: Access from saloon (starboard side)

Master cabin with walk around queen
Lots of storage lockers/drawers including under berth
En suite head with separate shower
Shower sump system (serviced 2022)
Teak "grill" floor boards
Raritan Crown head (serviced 2022)

Last edited:
Greetings,

Round 3:

The "Holy Place" (my favorite)

This is THE space that sold me on this particular Cheoy Lee model. It is aprox. 15' wide by 7' deep by 6' (or so) high. I've had 4 people in there and there's STILL room. A REAL joy to visit and work in.

Twin Lehman 120HP.

-ALL engine hoses changed 2022 with Ideal Tridon hose clamps (the ones without the holes in the strap)
-Anti-freeze replaced
-2 extra fan belts installed on each engine
-ALL exhaust hose clamps replaced as above.
-NEW oil and transmission coolers (2022)
-both heat exchangers cleaned and pressure tested (2022)
-NEW raw water impellers (2022)
Note: The old style water pumps were replaced by previous owner with the improved version. As well, the expansion tank upgrade had been installed.
Reverso oil change system with associated plumbing (hoses)
15Kw Onan (serviced-injectors 2018 used very few hours since)
Stackable full sized washer and 220v dryer (vents out a port via flexible hosing)
NEW water heater (2019 -Never heated but once due to Covid)
Complete hydraulic hose replacement, system flush and filter changed on Naiad stabilization system (2022)

Too many spares to list other than:
NEW Starter Motor X1
NEW Transmission/oil coolers X2
NEW Damper plates X2
NEW Raw water pump X1
NEW Fuel lift pump X1
Rebuilt alternator X1
Rebuilt Heat exchanger X1

Lots of filters, Engine oil for 1 complete change, enough ATF for fluid change, stuffing box packing, nuts, bolts, screws, widgets, do-dads etc...etc...etc...
Screens for all ports
Power tools Cordless drill. palm sander

Air compressor-pancake style (new 2022)
Shopvac

2 tool boxes with everything needed for maintenance/repairs.

Tankage: All tankage is midships above the keel and all are FRP. NO metal tanks!

Fuel: 800 US gallons in 3 interconnected tanks
Water: 550 US gallons
Sewage: US 50? gallons

To the BEST of my knowledge, everything works as designed, no leaks, no soft spots on decks. She's a great boat.

Our boating style has changed and it's time for someone else to cruise and enjoy her.

Sounds like a very good deal in today's market. I'd have a look myself if she were on this coast. Good luck with the sale!

Best wishes for a good sale.The ER photographs well. Monkey crew included?

How to Post Pictures

1) In a new post, 'click' the paperclip icon for "Attachments". (The Manage Attachments window will open)

2) In the "Upload File From Your Computer" section of the "Manage Attachments" window 'click' "Choose File". (An Open File from Windows File Explorer will open if you're on a Windows OS)

3) Browse to the image file you would like to upload.

4) Select the file name and 'click' "Open".

5) In the "Upload File From Your Computer" section of the "Manage Attachments" window 'click' "Upload"

6) Scroll to the bottom of the "Manage Attachments" window 'click' Close

NOTE: You cannot upload an image alone, you must post text along with the image.

7) 'Click' the "Submit Thread" or "Submit Reply" depending on whether you posting a new thread or to an existing thread.

NOTE: It helps to have you're images specifically oriented UP in the OS prior to uploading. Windows image tools tend to have a knack of auto-rotating the file for view, however this is not representative of how the image is actually stored in the file. If you used a phone and held it like an old Kodak instamatic (landscape orientation) then you pictures are going to upload sideways.

Of course, as with all TF posts minus pictures, we just have to take your word for it. Not much detail about the salon. It does have a salon, no? Nicely upholstered salon? Light & airy salon?

She is truly a beauty, RT. At that price, she'll sell quickly! Fair winds.

Greetings,
Mr. i. Thanks. She's going to brokerage tomorrow or Wednesday and will be listed for $145K. The $130K was a one time TF special offer. STILL worth the $145 IMHO. Make an offer. So sorry about the pictures but the rest of the boat is as good as or better than the few that were posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom