G’day from Queensland Australia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Queenslander

Hello
You seem like a nice bunch
I’m looking at my first Trawler style cruiser
Nobody seems to know where it was built
Or who built it.
Any ideas?
Apparently 2008
Others particulars are
40’
Twin Yanmar 370HP shaft drives

Any clues appreciated.
Thank you!
Or in the Australian vernacular made famous by Boxer Jeff Fenech “Thankyouseall”

Attachments

• 542BD705-7587-44C7-81FB-6E2ABF526C2F.jpg
    542BD705-7587-44C7-81FB-6E2ABF526C2F.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 21
  • 0C8192CD-B20E-47DF-9CA4-CCB02DE3523C.jpg
    0C8192CD-B20E-47DF-9CA4-CCB02DE3523C.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 15
  • BA229D23-5052-4C3B-AE43-9A2353F2892C.jpg
    BA229D23-5052-4C3B-AE43-9A2353F2892C.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 14
The "Moreton 40"? All I know is it`s been for sale a while, or has been resold. Maybe the first of a production plan which never went ahead, therefore possibly the only one.
I see from the advert the hull has been stripped and epoxied, perhaps an osmosis fix. Not unusual, good if it`s well done. Looks a lot of boat for the $, but tread carefully.

I would say, as always, survey thoroughly. Including mechanical survey, checking the introduction of raw water to the exhausts on the Yanmars. I hear the 1000 hour service can be pricey. Especially when the builder, designer, naval architect, etc, are unknown. Someone must know something about its origins and history but they may not be on TF.
Maybe try a chat with one of the knowledgeable Fielding family at Anchorline Brokerage. They might know something.

Welcome to TF from another Queenslander. From what you say, and also Bruce's comment, one suspects it might be a one-off. If it was from one of the recognised Asian trawler-style makers that would have been publicised in the broker's ad for sure. It is unlikely it would have come from further afield than Asia. Is there no documentation for it at all..? What was the broker or sellers view re its origin..? If you can post a link to the ad for it we might be able to help more. Where is it moored at present..?

Ok, it's up at Airlie Beach by the looks. Did a bit of googling. The name implies it was built originally here in the Brisbane area, with the aim of cruising in Moreton Bay, and certainly suggests it is a custom one-off, but more or less a copy of any one of a number of Taiwanese/Chinese-built type boats. That might help narrow down the maker a bit..? Actually, it looks like a fairly decent vessel, but I wonder about the price. With the market being what it is, pitching in a lower offer might well work..?

https://spectrummarine.com.au/boat/274599/moreton-40-aft-cabin-cruiser/

https://www.boatsonline.com.au/boats-for-sale/used/power-boats/moreton-40-aft-cabin-cruiser/274599

Last edited:
The "Moreton 40"? All I know is it`s been for sale a while, or has been resold. Maybe the first of a production plan which never went ahead, therefore possibly the only one.
I see from the advert the hull has been stripped and epoxied, perhaps an osmosis fix. Not unusual, good if it`s well done. Looks a lot of boat for the $, but tread carefully.

I would say, as always, survey thoroughly. Including mechanical survey, checking the introduction of raw water to the exhausts on the Yanmars. I hear the 1000 hour service can be pricey. Especially when the builder, designer, naval architect, etc, are unknown. Someone must know something about its origins and history but they may not be on TF.
Maybe try a chat with one of the knowledgeable Fielding family at Anchorline Brokerage. They might know something.

Brilliant advice thanks!

I have Andrew’s number in my phone. I’ll give him a buzz.

It has has continuous issues with the Port engine and even after a new turbo and $25k of repairs it’s still dodgy apparently.

I have a brilliant Surveyor lined up for Monday 16th. If it has a fault anywhere he will find it.

THANK
YOU
SO
MUCH!

Welcome to TF from another Queenslander. From what you say, and also Bruce's comment, one suspects it might be a one-off. If it was from one of the recognised Asian trawler-style makers that would have been publicised in the broker's ad for sure. It is unlikely it would have come from further afield than Asia. Is there no documentation for it at all..? What was the broker or sellers view re its origin..? If you can post a link to the ad for it we might be able to help more. Where is it moored at present..?

Ok, it's up at Airlie Beach by the looks. Did a bit of googling. The name implies it was built originally here in the Brisbane area, with the aim of cruising in Moreton Bay, and certainly suggests it is a custom one-off, but more or less a copy of any one of a number of Taiwanese/Chinese-built type boats. That might help narrow down the maker a bit..? Actually, it looks like a fairly decent vessel, but I wonder about the price. With the market being what it is, pitching in a lower offer might well work..?

https://spectrummarine.com.au/boat/274599/moreton-40-aft-cabin-cruiser/

https://www.boatsonline.com.au/boats-for-sale/used/power-boats/moreton-40-aft-cabin-cruiser/274599

Thanks!

Apparently there is a stack of documentation ON THE BOAT. I’ll check it Monday. But I’m trying to get informed ahead of the survey.

Broker thought it was made in Oz initially but now not so sure.

He was a boat builder in Caloundra (my home town) until about 20 years ago. Seems very genuine Broker.

Thanks for all that advice. Some great tips!

Steve

Welcome aboard!

Port engine needs major rebuild. Or replace BOTH engines.
I’m out.

Also known as a Albin 40 North Sea Cutter. Chinese.

Thank you all so much.

I’m having terrrible trouble answering Private Messages. Might be iPad? Not sure.

Too bad,you kiss a few frogs before finding a Princess. At 1000 hours,the engines should be fine,something went wrong. Bad install? Better luck next time, and the market seems to be easing.

Welcome aboard. Glad you got advice you felt useful and that you will stick with us as time goes on. Yes, we SEEM like a nice bunch while we are sucking you into the TF vortex. hahahaha :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom