Two cows

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What a small world. I've actually played the tuba for cows. Most cows are fascinated by it. I still have my Meinl Weston, rotary valve, BBb tuba in storage, with a 24K gold plated Bach #18 mouthpiece that I got in New York City for my 18th birthday. That tuba is probably worth more than my car right now. Now that I live in South Dakota, I should see if it works on buffalo (bison).

That is a great instrument. Do you still play? I am looking forward to Tuba Christmas this year. While I am primarily a clarinetist I have played euphonium with that group for years.

For those not familiar with Tuba Christmas here is an example
amazing the powerful sound.

Rob

That is a great instrument. Do you still play? I am looking forward to Tuba Christmas this year. While I am primarily a clarinetist I have played euphonium with that group for years.

For those not familiar with Tuba Christmas here is an example
amazing the powerful sound.

Rob

Still have (and wear) my stocking cap from my first Tuba Christmas, New York, 1979. Fifth year, the year before Alec Wilder died. I was going to be a tuba player for a while but the New England Conservatory and Juliard turned me down. The Shenandoah Conservatory offered me a scholarship but it became crystal clear to me on mass audition weekend I was surrounded by musical talent I could never match. So I went to the U of Alaska in mechanical engineering instead and the rest is history. 20220430_202451.jpg

What do you call a blind deer?

I have no eye deer.

I have udderly no idea.

Karl,

I was first exposed to Tuba Christmas by the Low Brass instructor/Concert Band Director, Doug Nelson, at Keene State College in Keene NH. He was a friend of Harvey Phillips. Phillips began Tuba Christmas (as I am sure you know!) as a tribute to his teacher, William Bell. This was around 1975.

Now, back to the cows.

Rob

That last picture had moo many heads for two cows. Which is udderly fine.

Oh deer have we changed animals. That would be an interesting mooove..

A QAmooo website reported that this thread is an international conspiracy plotted by the Mooolenium generation.

A QAmooo website reported that this thread is an international conspiracy plotted by the Mooolenium generation.
That sounds like a radical mooovement.

Mooove over Ben & Jerry!

Attachments

• BD980B0E-FF3E-43D1-9E8B-68FF416C27FA.jpeg
    BD980B0E-FF3E-43D1-9E8B-68FF416C27FA.jpeg
    102 KB · Views: 20
Saw this in the boat yard the other day....

Attachments

• 20220507_112614[1].jpg
    20220507_112614[1].jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 15
I'm going to have to unsubscribe from this thread. I think I might be mildly lactose intolerant, and it's making me farty.

I dont get it, but I don't think I want to.

Well it seems that the "cow" theme has stopped giving milk. I was thinking of changing the theme but that would just be a horse of a different color.

Me thinks you have just committed a double, no, triple entendre - and well done at that. I have no "beef" with your comments.

Seems like everyone has moooooved on. Besides, cows are becoming unpopular as they are being blamed for global warming.

Back
Top Bottom