Non-invasive tank monitoring systems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Peter Areson

Vessel Name
Just So
Vessel Make
Mainship 40 Trawler
I know I saw a thread discussing non-invasive, new tank measuring systems for water, blackwater, and fuel in tanks that are hard to access. I believe several used Bluetooth to synch with smartphones for a rough idea of how full or empty the tank is.
Does this ring a bell with anyone?

I remember seeing that thread maybe last year or the year before. I don't recall all the options out there, but I installed a new plastic waste tank last year and a new SCAD TM1 to go with it. It has performed very well and very affordable.

It uses stick on strips of foil tape, which then connect to the sensor module. You then program the basic tank shape, empty and full levels, and away you go. The external sensors only work on plastic or fiberglass tanks though.

Check out the Phillipi system. Ultrasonic for the tanks Never had an issue in a nearly a decade of daily use. Complete system monitors batteries, alt energy, usage, generators and engines. German engineering and everything spot on. One and done.

Gobius Pro, Bluetooth Level Indicator $181 at Marine Sanitation in Seattle uses Bluetooth and external sensors.

Attachments

• Gobius_Pro__41929.1581376934.jpeg
    Gobius_Pro__41929.1581376934.jpeg
    44.6 KB · Views: 38
Thank you to all!

I am grateful for the suggestions, and am pursuing them.
They ALL seem much better than reinforcing and permanently attaching sensors to my aluminum tanks.
It would be very attractive to know when the fuel is LOW and when the blackwater tank (hard to see) is HIGH!
Stay tuned . . .

Thank you!
They MAY have a model that works with metal tanks.
Waiting to hear back from the dealer . . .
Peter A

Thank you!
Still trying to reach the dealer in Newport RI for more details, $, and availability.
It looks promising!
PA

Many thanks!
I will pursue this device also. Sounds just perfect!
PA

Non-Invasive tank monitors

Gobius Pro, Bluetooth Level Indicator $181 at Marine Sanitation in Seattle uses Bluetooth and external sensors.
With special thanks to SYJOS, I've signed up for 3 Gobius Pro units.
I'm not sure if a central unit is worth extra expense (compared with simple Bluetooth communication) but will try using just 3 units on 2 fuel and 1 blackwater tank.

Thanks, Cecil.
This would indeed be fine also.
We appreciate the suggestion!
PA

Back
Top Bottom