Time to spruce up a 1999 Ocean Alexander 426 Classico

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For painting on the west coast, you only need to look a little north of your location. Check out Yacht Solutions in Cortez, just outside of Bradenton. Highly respected and skilled. One of my buddies is having his entire 56' Hatteras painted and all new stainless rails put on right now.

I know them place well. Had work done there twice before. Suffice it to say I found other facilities south that I think are far superior so the entire boat is being awlgriped now there. Every bit of metal was removed in preparation. Also removed all the windows and replacing , built new bridge dash and installing new electronics .

I know them place well. Had work done there twice before. Suffice it to say I found other facilities south that I think are far superior so the entire boat is being awlgriped now there. Every bit of metal was removed in preparation. Also removed all the windows and replacing , built new bridge dash and installing new electronics .

Have they finished the awlgripping yet? I hear other boats are awaiting their turn in the paint shed! Merry Christmas, BTW!

Salon Door Rollers installed

Installed the rollers per your information. Works like new now. Photo attached of the track removed. I also had to pull back the ladder slightly for track to clear. Thanks again cdb

Attachments

• IMG_20200113_110250176.jpg
    IMG_20200113_110250176.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_20200113_110257930.jpg
    IMG_20200113_110257930.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 60
bottom composite track not metal

Thanks Rufus, The track is a metal "T", on bottom. On top it is a "U". Removing the screws on top releases nothing. I fear they may have used 5200 to install.

https://www.trawlerforum.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=87902&stc=1&d=1556307880

I read through the whole thread, mine has a plastic/composite track not metal the rest it the same, it sits in the metal U. So what I am reading is you have to take the top track off to remove the door? I'm going to pull the screws out of the top and see if I can pop/pry it out of the top U and see if there is teak up in there! Will see what happens.

Yes, The top track wraps around the teak you see over the door. The screws you remove are going into the teak. After removing the screws, start to pry off the far loose end . On my boat it was the left, not over the door. The track you are removing tucks under the vertical track next to the door frame. once you loosen the track you will have to slide the top track end out from the end of vertical frame. I sprayed in some adhesive release to aid in the process. Once the top track is removed you just lift the door out of the bottom track.,

At least this is how it worked on my OA. Good luck!

no teak

Yes, The top track wraps around the teak you see over the door. The screws you remove are going into the teak. After removing the screws, start to pry off the far loose end . On my boat it was the left, not over the door. The track you are removing tucks under the vertical track next to the door frame. once you loosen the track you will have to slide the top track end out from the end of vertical frame. I sprayed in some adhesive release to aid in the process. Once the top track is removed you just lift the door out of the bottom track.,

At least this is how it worked on my OA. Good luck!

There is no Teak around the door. The aluminum U channel has a track screwed in side it. the U appears to be mounted directly onto the aft bulkhead.
the composite of plastic track is screwed in however it appears to be pressed in and not easily removed. Have a photo but can't find a way to post it

Last edited:
The top track on my boat wrapped around the teak. The teak was not visible until the track was removed. The teak is like 1X2, mounted on the 1 inch side. Look at my pictures. where the teams exposed. Notice the recessed screws hole. That teak is what is mounted to the bulk head. The track is screwed vertically into the teak with a lot of little wood screws. The teak it self is rough and not easily removable.

The upper track has a U facing down to capture the door, and ALSO has a U facing aft, capturing the teak. This second U is not visible until the track is removed. Is your boat at Safe Cove?

The top track on my boat wrapped around the teak. The teak was not visible until the track was removed. The teak is like 1X2, mounted on the 1 inch side. Look at my pictures. where the teams exposed. Notice the recessed screws hole. That teak is what is mounted to the bulk head. The track is screwed vertically into the teak with a lot of little wood screws. The teak it self is rough and not easily removable.

The upper track has a U facing down to capture the door, and ALSO has a U facing aft, capturing the teak. This second U is not visible until the track is removed. Is your boat at Safe Cove?

yes but not my boat, just working on it, or was. have to find time for further investigation on the door removal. your track is not the same looking at your photos

Last edited:
In your pictures your tracks look exactly like mine.

way easier to remove my doors

the tracks in my previous photo are ror rollers with a groove in them top and bottom. Easy in and out, I put a couple appropriate snug height 12" long blocks against the bulkhead and going to aft. removed the screws and from the
end to were the door opens all the way pried the bottom track out 1/2 inch. from the closing end pried it away from the closing upright about an 3/4" and moved the door to the middle of the track. Pulled the bottom of the door aft and wala/// she slide out onto the block 6 inches and the top tipped right out.
No I need to find grooved nylon rollers with the carriers for top and bottom.
photos to follow.

OA has the rollers. My door only has them on the bottom. Had to do some very minor wood working with a sharp chisel to make them fit. Bought two sets just in case.
By the way, I have tons of brand-new window white rubber glazing as well as the white rubber screw track covers from OA if you are interested I decided to completely replace my windows so I never used it.

I didn’t see any rollers with grooves in the to fit over the center raised rib on the AO website

OA has the rollers. My door only has them on the bottom. Had to do some very minor wood working with a sharp chisel to make them fit. Bought two sets just in case.
By the way, I have tons of brand-new window white rubber glazing as well as the white rubber screw track covers from OA if you are interested I decided to completely replace my windows so I never used it.

I didn’t see any nylon rollers with grooves to fit over the center raised rail in the AO website

Easy door off

Got rotated. Not loaded from computer but phone

Attachments

• 14501A68-5DD5-4C0F-8B2C-9DDC037516CD.jpg
    14501A68-5DD5-4C0F-8B2C-9DDC037516CD.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 20
  • AAADDF41-9797-4753-BB34-7F5382CB1922.jpg
    AAADDF41-9797-4753-BB34-7F5382CB1922.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 18
  • F1508F2B-62E5-4690-B8A8-F72D41A69086.jpg
    F1508F2B-62E5-4690-B8A8-F72D41A69086.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 16