Californian name plate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ray.Yager

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
MV RADIANT
Vessel Make
1991 Carver Californian MY 4809
Anyone know where I might obtain new Californian raised letter Logo’s?

Attachments

• AF47ECF3-D361-47F2-9CD9-356A79B497CD.jpeg
    AF47ECF3-D361-47F2-9CD9-356A79B497CD.jpeg
    103.2 KB · Views: 31
HA! I was just looking for this too! Hopefully someone knows where to get one? I suspect, though, we will have to get something custom made...

-D

I would find someone that has the machine needed to cut S/S and have them made. If you ask on the site and see how many people would like some it may bring the cost down from the stratosphere to just really expensive.

I might look at 3D printing something. I'll let you know.
-D

Years ago I asked the Navigator Yachts factory foreman if there were any metal Californian nameplates remaining. He advised me they were often requested but not available any longer. He suggested looking at making a peel-n-stick version.

That was before the Navigator facility was sold and closed.

Californian Logo

Well, yesterday I pulled off the backing plate and to my surprise, it’s not plastic. It’s actually aluminum and the logo is cast aluminum. Rather than replace it, I’m going to sand and re-paint the plate. I have already sanded the face of the letters back to a smooth finish. They standup to sanding very nicely. Looks gorgeous.

Well, yesterday I pulled off the backing plate and to my surprise, it’s not plastic. It’s actually aluminum and the logo is cast aluminum. Rather than replace it, I’m going to sand and re-paint the plate. I have already sanded the face of the letters back to a smooth finish. They standup to sanding very nicely. Looks gorgeous.

After all that and we don't have any pictures??? Come on now post a picture of the finished product!! :rofl:

Last edited:
Still a work in process. I will post pics when complete. Still need to paint the black aluminum plate.

Ray,
I don't have any Californian nameplate on my boat, so I need to recreate it from scratch. Could you give me the basic dimensions of yours while you have it off and working on it? Dimensions of the base LxWxH and a few different dimensions of the lettering: LxWxH of the Capital "C" and the small "o". And the length of the whole "Californian". I am making a high resolution image of the Californian logo made from a high quality scan of my User Manual. Prefer it in metric, but Inches is fine too. I am going to model this up in Fusion 360.

The C is 2 inches high by 3 inches wide

The o is 5/8 inch high and 1 inch wide

The LOA is 13 1/4 inches.

Last edited:
Thanks FlyWright! That helps a lot! Still working on it. Hopefully pics soon.

-D

@Dboat - let me know if you want to come down and see mine. (Mission Bay) I can also take some photos if you need.

Last edited:
Here is what I have modeled up in Fusion 360 so far. It took me a while to get all the curves corrected from my imported picture.
25564-albums1028-picture7566.png

TG, That company looks promising for a Stainless Steel nameplate..

-D

I am very interested in obtaining a pair of these if available. Perhaps a group buy could be arranged.

I finally made a first 3D Print. Not perfect yet, but still pretty good.

25564-albums1028-picture7572.jpg

-D

Looks great David!

I would certainly be interested in purchasing two.....

Looks great. Would love to be able to get one.

I finally made a first 3D Print. Not perfect yet, but still pretty good.

25564-albums1028-picture7572.jpg

-D
Please keep us posted on how to obtain a pair of these. Or if you could just provide the graphics file that would also work.

Is Navigator yachts in Perris still in business? Before they sold the decal was avalible for about 25 buck a piece. That was a few years ago.

Out of business for quite a few years

2 Californian nameplates

I've got 2 OEM vinyl nameplates for sale. They have never been used, still have the original release paper on the backside adhesive tape.

Measure approx. 14" by 3.5" by 3/16" thick.

Californian plates1.jpg
Californian plates.jpg

Any idea how much you may want for the 2 OEM vinyl nameplates?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom