Change in vax requirements for Canada?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Make
34' CHB
I see several stories on line today stating that un vaccinated people can travel to Canada if they pre test, then quarantine for 14 days and test again on day 8.

Any truth to this or is it just bad reporting.

I see several stories on line today stating that un vaccinated people can travel to Canada if they pre test, then quarantine for 14 days and test again on day 8.

Any truth to this or is it just bad reporting.
That was correct a few weeks ago, not up to date on today.
heard they relaxed the mandatory quarantine, but not sure of all details yet.

Nope, just checked, you may not enter.
What I heard was related to Canadian children 5-11 can travel with vaccinated parents without test

Discussion / arguing of Vax / anti-Vax as well as moderation are against TF rules.

Discussion of Covid rules and implications relative to boating may continue unless / until the violation of rules continues and it becomes necessary to close yet another thread...

I will be traveling to Canada soon for a business trip. I just checked and it looks like if you are unvaxed, you are not allowed to enter even with a negative test result. If you are fully vaxed, no testing or quarentine is required. Same applies to boaters.

Stating policies related to travel in and out of a country should be fine. What's not acceptable is arguing the pros and cons and politics related to vaccinations. I'm guessing Bacchus will reply eventually.

Members wondering what happens to various posts should spend some time reviewing the TF Community Rules and the Post re: Remodeling the Covid Forum.

The Covid Remodel Post clearly states:

Topics should be directly related to boating and transit issues.

Posts that run afoul of the rules may be deleted without explanation. Older threads and threads that begin to wander off topic will be routinely closed to avoid re-infection.

The TF Community Rules clearly state:

Site Management, Member Concerns & Account Closure
If we feel site rules are violated we may remove, edit or delete posts and if necessary ban or restrict account access. If a moderator deletes or edits one of your posts and you disagree with the action, contact the moderator concerned or any other member of our site team. Do not repost deleted material. This forum is largely self-policing, which means that moderators will respond and react to problems reported through the REPORT POST option, via the CONTACT FORM at the bottom of each page, or via PM. Do not hesitate to use these tools to report any problems regarding the forum.

We have all heard enough about Vaxing and Anti-Vaxing and was a large part of the need to close that sort of posting on
TF. It is no longer appropriate here on TF.

Discussion about the rules for entry are appropriate and have remained. Posts that continue to cite personal choices re Vaxing are not appropriate and will continue to be removed without further explanation.
Posts that publicly discuss TF moderation is strictly prohibited.
Inappropriate posts will be deleted and repeat offenders will have action taken against their TF accounts.

The job of proof reading and editing before posting is a member responsibility. There may be times when moderators choose to edit a post but is not required or the norm. Post that contain rule violations will generally be deleted and continued violators will be contacted and their accounts dealt with privately.

Last Warning - this thread will remain open as long as the above is followed - additional violations will force thread closure...
the choice is in your hands.

Sorry, but that isn’t the way it works. And you need to read Don’s post about commenting on moderation. The moderators get together and discuss what is going on and then do what the consensus agrees on. We do not post what we are doing or why. Doing so just brings more attention to the problem posting. So please let this issue drop, it will only keep the problems going and get more members in trouble by discussing moderation, which is strictly prohibited. We do our best, so let’s leave it at that, please.

Just go to the arriveCan site and read up on their rules and requirements.

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-hea...oronavirus-disease-covid-19/arrivecan.html#a0

Can anyone explain what I am seeing on the above link. Use ArriveCan. It used to be you showed up, cleared customs and enjoyed your time. Is that now not possible? I'm from Spokane and have never done the Nexus or other programs because they don't have an office here (I think). Not very technical, so if someone can translate, I'd sure appreciate simple terms.

Can anyone explain what I am seeing on the above link. Use ArriveCan. It used to be you showed up, cleared customs and enjoyed your time. Is that now not possible? I'm from Spokane and have never done the Nexus or other programs because they don't have an office here (I think). Not very technical, so if someone can translate, I'd sure appreciate simple terms.

You download their app on your phone or use a computer. Enter or scan your passport, upload a photo of the proof of your two vax shots, then enter arrival info. Needs to inform then of flights in my case 72 hours in advance. If you show up by land without you either return to US, or do it there waiting and hope the system is working! Also need to bring proof of vax with you too. That’s how I read it.

Very easy system to use. Took a couple of minutes.

Can anyone explain what I am seeing on the above link. Use ArriveCan....

Like bowball said, ArriveCan is a smartphone app that you download onto your smartphone. You enter information in it regarding what border crossing you are using and when, if you are coming as a tourist, business, student, etc., your passport information and vax information. It's easiest if you know how to use the camera on a smartphone to take a picture of your passport and vax card. In essence this info is similar to if you fly somewhere internationally and fill out paper work on the plane for your arrival but it's just in a phone app. I've done it a couple times and found it pretty easy to use. If you are going as a couple or family one person can enter all the info for related travelers. Aside from the app the rest of the crossing is the same as always with the usually questions on what you plan to do in Canada, any weapons or produce.

Last edited:
Once your information is in the ArriveCan app, when you get to the border by land, the border person's computer has all of that info displayed, as soon as the passport is scanned, so you don't even need to show your app. I have also flown home, and arrival was just as easy.

Like bowball said, ArriveCan is a smartphone app that you download onto your smartphone. You enter information in it regarding what border crossing you are using and when, if you are coming as a tourist, business, student, etc., your passport information and vax information. It's easiest if you know how to use the camera on a smartphone to take a picture of your passport and vax card. In essence this info is similar to if you fly somewhere internationally and fill out paper work on the plane for your arrival but it's just in a phone app. I've done it a couple times and found it pretty easy to use. If you are going as a couple or family one person can enter all the info for related travelers. Aside from the app the rest of the crossing is the same as always with the usually questions on what you plan to do in Canada, any weapons or produce.

Glad to hear just one of us needs to do it through smart phone, as we have only one. (Spouses). and guess we'll wait till just before crossing into Canada, as it is a private vessel arrival, not a flight. I had seen something about a July 5 start, so that's disappointing if true.

set up the account, enter passport, vax info and then it will be easy to plug in date of arrival.
OR wait and find glitches preventing you to complete the setup.

I've had a few older (vaccinated) folks tell me that they showed up at the land border without the ArriveCan app and were walked through the process by some very helpful and patient authorities. Good on ya, Canada.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom