Bow launcher for Rocna 33

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TJM

Vessel Name
Harmony
Vessel Make
1982 41' President
Our President used to have a Delta anchor. We have switched to a Rocna 33 and love it. I am ready to improve the system with a Rocna approved bow launcher. Their site says they are self launching, but the 33 does not fit well in the old launcher. What have you done or used to have it fit nicely and be able to be launched remotely "ish" ? Our current launcher is at the end of an open bow pulpit, so changing will be easyish.

This is my roller setup on my Nordic Tug 42. That is a Rocna 33 on the Anchorlift bow setup.
My apologies for the orientation - it doesn’t want to right itself.

Attachments

• 4A7B40EA-6B4C-4E34-AA9F-98183285F7D6.jpg
    4A7B40EA-6B4C-4E34-AA9F-98183285F7D6.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 48
Mine doesn't fit in the pulpit well, but otherwise works perfectly. As you can see from the pictures, there is some significant down angle to the bow launcher. The anchor doesn't pull in all the way to the bow roller, so there's a natural tendency for the anchor to drop when you slack the chain. When the anchor is pulled up tight, the roll bar is against the pulpit on a friction plate.

20220421_144600.jpg

20220421_144611.jpg

It might be simpler to slack the chain a little and push the anchor out 6" as your entering the anchorage.

Ted

TJM,

A photo or two of your setup as it is now would help get suggestions.
From the side and from above showing the roller and the anchor.

How do you post pictures here ? You would think I would know.......

---Bottom of REPLY box ind and click GO ADVANCED
---Bottom of advance screed find and click MANAGE ATTACHMENTS

--- a drop down box CHOOSE FILE will appear. CLick one and find what you want to load. CLICK that and then click the UPLOAD.

It should load. FOr each photo repeat.

Here is my set up on my 41 President.
Thanks for the instructions

Attachments

• Bow top view.jpg
    Bow top view.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 19
  • Bow side view.jpg
    Bow side view.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 20
Usually I manage to proof my posts better. When I tried to read it today I had a bit of figuring out what I meant to say.

Glad you got it.

No one??

My boat and anchor are much smaller but what I see may require you to replace the roller setup with a longer and wider unit. Of course strength will have to be provided. Connections, bolting, further back on the deck with a heavy backing plate below will help.

On mine from many years ago I also provided a brace to the V of the hull so the pulpit was not depending entirely on the deck connection.

Do you NEED two anchors on the pulpit? If not then keep the other as a spare but remove it from the pulpit.

My setup is not intended to be pretty but I posted a photo so you can see what was done about the brace. Yours could be done in SS for appearances.

Attachments

• IMG_9105.jpg
    IMG_9105.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_9106.jpg
    IMG_9106.jpg
    171.6 KB · Views: 20
Back
Top Bottom