Cleaning water tanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

IH82BL8

Veteran Member
I have a unique opportunity to pull the ABS water tanks from my Carver 32 for cleaning. What product(s) should be used for this and what product(s) should be avoided?

Thanks.

You can clean the tank using a power washer and just about any good detergent (Dawn dish washing liquid is good). Then after you've replaced the tank and reconnected the plumbing, finish the job by recommissioning the entire system, 'cuz the plumbing is actually the source of most foul water, because the molds, mildew, fungi and bacteria which cause it thrive in damp dark places, not under water.

I can send you the complete instructions for doing that if you want to send me a PM that includes your email address (no way to attach anything to a PM).

--Peggie

Has anybody used a product such as this?

18967-albums1148-picture7535.jpg

Has anybody used a product such as this?

18967-albums1148-picture7535.jpg
I would look at the product details vs what you are wanting to do.
I have looked some similar products in the past and found they are " fresheners" but not sanitizers.
IMO if you sanitize with bleach and want to use it to get rid of residual taste / odor it might be OK.
I don’t believe it takes the place of bleach.

That Camco product would replace dish soap for cleaning the tank (it's a cleaner), but it wouldn't replace following up the cleaning with a bleach sanitizing.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom