Engine smut

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
DownTime
Vessel Make
1979 Californian 34' Sedan LRC
Hey guys, my diesel boat had a turbo go out before I purchased it. The engine room is heavily coated in black smut, I don't see any exhaust leak currently, but it has a very strong smell that lingers to all cloths and hair after leaving the boat. Any products that anyone has used to treat this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Extreme Simple Green is designed for aircraft cleaning. I have used it a lot. You can mix it or use it straight out of the bottle for heavy grease. Not regular Simple Green, but Extreme.

deceptive title

And I thought TF was finally going to get good..
I thought we were going to get something like this or some Good looking middle aged Trawler Babe... what was I thinking.

I think the P.O meant to say SOOT

Hollywood

Attachments

• BOy-8B9CQAAQNKu.jpg
    BOy-8B9CQAAQNKu.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
I think it’s important, when using silicone, not to use too much.

Its one of those times when silicone vs 5200 is a moot point.
HW

We recently purchased a condo that had a lot of soot from years of excessive candle use by the first owner. We tried all kinds of different cleaners like Dawn, Simple Green, ammonia, bleach, vinegar, baking soda, "TSP substitute" and finally a product called Krud Cutter. Krud Cutter worked the best, by far. A little goes a long way too, so it's very economical. It has a strange, but not overbearing or unpleasant odor that disappears when it's rinsed off and dried. Good luck!

Is that the heavy duty Krud Cutter or the kitchen-all purpose?

Tator

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom