What is it?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Easternshore

Vessel Name
Pearl
Vessel Make
Beneteau Flyer 12
Bought a new (used) Beneteau Flyer boat and found a few of these in a draw, not sure what it is, and no results on google, any ideas? :confused:
[/ATTACH]
regards, Ed

Attachments

• IMG_2964.jpg
    IMG_2964.jpg
    167 KB · Views: 134
ear wax removal tool designed by committee?
HW

:rofl:I could use a few dealing with Beneteau in France, almost all documentation is in french, PO moved the boat from Europe to USA.

Slowly, that's s-l-o-w-l-y getting English versions of requested operating instructions, etc.

not going to comment on french hygiene............

Does the Flyer have an outboard or outdrive? It could be a safety lock pin.

Failing that, if the PO was a bicycle enthusiast it could be a tool from an
Argel Sumulong fixed gear bicycle frame...

Last edited:
For adjusting screws / components on interior cabinetry?

It is a (position) retaining pin.
Now, you need to find the ‘where’ and which position (open or closed) it is meant to maintain.

it seems like a fire suppression system safety pin. is there an engine room mounted extinguisher?

Does the boat have ‘in ground sprinklers’ . Looks like the spray adjuster

Beneteau bubble blower.

Knowing the french this is possible. So far we’ve found four of these yellow whatever things around the boat in draws and took kits.

If there are 4 on board it must be for a reason. Any means of contacting the PO?

Worlds most ineffective cork screw?

It looks like a lock release pin. Think of a bathroom door lock set. When you go in and close the door, there's a button on the door knob to lock the door. When you turn the knob from the inside, the lockset opens. When a child locks themselves in the bathroom, the knob on the outside has a hole in the center that you can insert a pin (such as the one in the OP) to unlock the door.

It's probably not for the head door, but maybe opens some kind of lock release.

Ted

They are not for anything on the boat, so quit worrying. They are part of an item the previous owner removed and took home. Now HE is going nutz wondering where he put the 4 yellow plunkets.

Is ATF away? Surely he and his prime mates have the answer.

ARGEL is a French grocery company/distributer. May be some kind of galley tool... Knife sharpener?

Try an image search? However, contacting the previous owner as suggested above seems the best solution.

Try an image search? However, contacting the previous owner as suggested above seems the best solution.

i did an image search for about fifteen minutes yesterday. then realized what a huge waste of my time and moved on. you're right, contact the previous owner or find a beneteau forum and post the picture there.

We have a winner, Ted had the answer, its a key for the cabin privacy doors. IMG_3012.jpg

PO had no idea, thanks Ted & TF!

That's too bad...I was enjoying the discussion.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom