Old 04-14-2022, 02:19 PM   #12
koliver
TF Site Team

City: Saltspring Island
Vessel Name: Retreat
Vessel Model: C&L 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rippy45 View Post
Totally get where everyone is going, the Sea Wise davit system I have is built to handle the weight of my tender which I estimate around 380 lbs, I pulled it off of my last boat and my use it if the setup on the 36 GB is not of the heavier stuff, as I mentioned the current setup on the 36 GB has a fiberglass bottom 10 ft Caribe with a 9.9 4 stroke so my guess is about 280Lbs and that is with 5 gallons of fuel, my tender from my other boat is an Achilles HB-315LX with the steering console and 15 HP 4 stroke comes out about 380 Lbs s' hopefully if it is held stable and not bouncing or whatnot that the swimstep will accommodate, and I can always be sure to spread the weight distribution out by installing stainless strut under the swimstep to reinforce and tie it more together !
Thanks
Ray
If I was doing what you are contemplating, I would remove the existing support and replace it with one that is SS and robust enough to handle the extra weight.
Mine are 1/4"x 2" SS flat bar for the vertical and horizontal parts and 1.5" pipe for the support. I don't recall the pipe thickness and it cant be seen to get that measurement. Your welder should be able to advise on that. My 5 supports, all for a 33" deep swimgrid were ~$200 each over 15 years ago. I hope this helps your planning.