diesel prices near me

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Recent diesel rates:

Vero Beach Marina (FL) on 4/3/22: $5.43 / gallon ($5.08 + tax)

Fishermen's Village Marina (Punta Gorda, FL) on 4/8/22: $570.9 / gallon (incl tax)

Recent diesel rates:

Vero Beach Marina (FL) on 4/3/22: $5.43 / gallon ($5.08 + tax)

Fishermen's Village Marina (Punta Gorda, FL) on 4/8/22: $570.9 / gallon (incl tax)

Wifey B: :eek::eek::eek: $570.9 per gallon. Wow. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Bought some diesel in Comox, British Columbia yesterday. $2.399 CAD a liter, so $7.22 USD a gallon. Gas was the same price. Discount kicks in at 500 liters which we were under so it was $2.399 for us.

Sunday 3/27 took 115,000 gallons of diesel in the tug...at $4.38/gallon. We ordered 160,000 gallons but the barge showed up 4.5 hrs late and we had to scoot... Glad I wasn't paying for it. We loaded 115,000 gallons in 3.5 hrs. Much faster than fuel docks.Usually 15k and hr at fuel dock

Holy Smokes!!! I hope they wash your windsheild and checked your oil when you spend that much!!

What kind of discount do you get at that volume compared to the 75 gallon purchaser ? If you can't say that's fine...I get it.

Holy Smokes!!! I hope they wash your windsheild and checked your oil when you spend that much!!

What kind of discount do you get at that volume compared to the 75 gallon purchaser ? If you can't say that's fine...I get it.

I'm not sure, the office sets it up. They watch the futures prices closely. They try to get 50 or 100,000 gallons at a time for on of the big boats and we fuel the smaller tugs.
I know it was 6 cents a gallon cheaper getting it bay barge than going to the terminal...

Last edited:
Paid $5.57 before tax on Sunday or about $6 after tax in San Diego for >100 gallons.

Bought some diesel in Comox, British Columbia yesterday. $2.399 CAD a liter, so $7.22 USD a gallon. Gas was the same price. Discount kicks in at 500 liters which we were under so it was $2.399 for us.

Same for me. I got the discount though. Whopping 0.03 cents a gallon discount. I took on 3,000 liters, though I did split the fueling in to two trips. The first was $2.19/liter.

An interesting thing that I wanted to share. A Safe Harbor marina near me is a pretty expensive and high-end marina. Even though it very close to my home slip, I almost never buy fuel from them because the smaller independent marinas are often much cheaper. A fellow boater recently told me that they are selling fuel at a great price. I checked the other day and he is right. $4.75 for gas and $4.95 for diesel, both are ValvTect. That is ~0.50 less that surrounding marinas and comparable or less than road fuel. Rumor has it that management decided that rising fuel prices could ultimately push people out of boating and hurt their overall business. They decided to sell fuel at a much lower profit in order to protect the bigger business long term. Thoughts?

An interesting thing that I wanted to share. A Safe Harbor marina near me is a pretty expensive and high-end marina. Even though it very close to my home slip, I almost never buy fuel from them because the smaller independent marinas are often much cheaper. A fellow boater recently told me that they are selling fuel at a great price. I checked the other day and he is right. $4.75 for gas and $4.95 for diesel, both are ValvTect. That is ~0.50 less that surrounding marinas and comparable or less than road fuel. Rumor has it that management decided that rising fuel prices could ultimately push people out of boating and hurt their overall business. They decided to sell fuel at a much lower profit in order to protect the bigger business long term. Thoughts?

I've noticed that when prices get volatile, etc. the patterns of cheap vs expensive fuel sources don't always hold. Sometimes it'll switch around a bit depending on how each place purchases their fuel, contracts, how much volume they sell, etc. It's also possible they've decided to accept a lower margin in exchange for likely getting more business.

An interesting thing that I wanted to share. A Safe Harbor marina near me is a pretty expensive and high-end marina.

Back in June, Safe Harbor Emeryville ended up being the cheapest place in the San Francisco Bay Area. That price, however, included a $0.40 discount for members.

I thought it was interesting in this case because it's a full service marina and they have decided to accept lower profit on fuel sales because that is a small part of their overall business that they are trying to protect. It's really just psychological because for many casual boaters, it doesn't matter much if fuel is $4 or $6, but when they see the higher prices it scares them and it may cause a potential new boater to think about spending their money on a different activity. Today, when a boater sees prices that start with a 4, they think "what a deal!"

I found it interesting that I paid the same price for gas in Canada as I did in the US for my dingy. I didn’t buy any diesel so I can’t comment there.

Back
Top Bottom