• Trawler Forum Classified Posting Guidelines
    • We expect ads placed to be related to the topic of this forum.
    • Ads that are inactive for 180 days or longer may be moved to the Classified Archive and locked. Ads may be relisted if the item is still current. Alternatively, owners may contact a Moderator to reinstate an archived ad.
    • The Classified section is for advertising, members are asked to refrain from posting discussions to a Classified Ad. Please start a discussion thread or PM the owner for discussions.
    • Do not hijack another member's ad by posting unsolicited commentary. Example: if a member has posted an ad offering an anchor for sale, don't add a post to his thread stating that you have an anchor you'd like to get rid of also. Posts deemed as unsolicited commentary may be removed.
    • For your own security, do NOT include your e-mail or phone number in your ad. Instead request that interested parties contact you via PM (private message) to provide owners contact info.
    • Brokers, Dealers, or those with a commercial interest in a sale are prohibited from posting in Classifieds.
    • Only Trawler Forum Commercial Members may post ads in the Commercial section. You must be a designated Commercial Member to start threads in this section of the forum. (Contact a moderator if you have questions about this)
    • Don't post links to commercial sites where you are also offering the boat, such as eBay, Craigslist or Yachtworld, etc. unless it contains a more in-depth description, additional information or pictures.
    • Place only one ad per item (you may repost only when your ad has expired and been removed).
    For Sale ads MUST include:
    • Asking price
    • Clear statement whether you are the owner or non-owner (posting for friend, relative, or acquaintance)
    • Don't forget to select: FOR SALE, WANTED or FREE in the Title block.
    All ads should also include ALL the following:
    • Pertinent maintenance and condition information
    • Exterior picture or pictures
    • Interior picture or pictures (boats)
    For maximum impact & exposure, it is suggested the Ad Title include: Year, Manufacturer, Model, Length, Price, and Location or at the very top of the ad body. When your item has sold or the ad is no longer relevant: Please post a Reply to the ad that the item is SOLD or click "Report Post" on post 1 of the thread to ask a moderator to archive the ad. Ads may be moved or removed by our staff at any time for any reason. All ads must comply with site rules. Thanks for your cooperation.
  • Avoid Scams.

Our classifieds are free and anyone registered here is welcome to post an ad.
    Be aware that there are unscrupulous folks out there. Avoid any interaction that seems odd to you or �feels� wrong. Inquiries from unknown buyers, buyers �agents� and other non-traditional approaches should be treated with extreme caution.

Beware of unsolicited contacts offering to put you in touch with someone else who is buying or selling via e-mail or text.

Do not post your e-mail address or phone number in a classifieds ad.

Hints that you may be dealing with a Scammer:
    • Seller or Buyer approaches you via a direct email or PM and then steers you to an off-site communication method (text or email).
    • No posts or very few forum posts.
    • Recent forum membership
    • Insists on conducting negotiations via email or text rather than PM
    • Requires payment via Bank Transfer, BitCoin/CryptoCurrency, WesternUnion or other unsecured method.
    • Buyer or Seller suggests Paypal "Friends and Family" payment. Paypal is a good way to arrange payment but an invoice for goods and services should be used rather than "Friends and Family". "Friends and Family" avoids fees BUT there is no recourse if the transaction runs aground. Friends and Family is for gifts only. There is no protection for Friends and Family transactions, so never ever use it to buy something.
    • Declines to allow viewing the item before proceeding with the transaction.

Re: TANGIER 73 ft 1975 Motorsailor for sale

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

OrcasIsland

Re: TANGIER 75 ft 1975 Motor Sailor for Sale

For sale 75 ft. Motor Sailor on behalf of my friend Tom, who is the legal owner and wanted me to post this ad.
This Motor Sailor "Tangier"

was build in 1975
Specifications:
LOA 80' LWL 71.6 "
Beam 18.6 Draft 8'6'
Model 1973 Build 1975
Fuel 3300 Gals.
Water 2400 Gals.
Hull 8.5 mm Steel
Sail 3000+ Sq. Ft. Electric roller furling
Engine: Gardner 8L3B 230 HP
Cruising Speed 85. K @ 825 RPM
Max. Speed 11K @ 1100RPM
Range under power 8000NM

The boat is currently in dry dock at the Georgetown Yacht

Basin in Georgetown Maryland. The owner Tom is living onboard.

The asking price is $ 200.000.00
The boat has been there in storage for 15 years and needs a complete overhaul.

You will find pictures from it on the forum" trying to find this motor sailor".

Last edited:
Re: TANGIER Motor Sailor for Sale!

I also would like to mention, that this boat uses only 3 1/2 gallons of fuel per hour of cruising with the efficient gardiner engine. They don't build engines like this anymore.

So it is very fuel efficient if you don't want to sail.
Thank you!

Last edited:
The real

I also would like to mention, that this boat uses only 3 1/2 gallons of fuel per hour of cruising with the efficient gardner engine. They don't build engines like this anymore.

So it is very fuel efficient if you don't want to sail.
Thank you!

consumption was around 24lt per hour at 8.5 kts, it was not bad for a +100t boat

6.5 gallons per hour

Re: Motor Sailor "Tangier" 75 ft for sale!

Hi Brian!
I listed the boat under the classifieds, as I was told to do. it really should show up in these adds.
The owner wants 200 K for it.

Thank you for your interest!

Tom

Perriot

Maybe the owner after you were the Captain on her installed additional fuel tanks? It seems he did a lot of work on interior, and increasing range may have been something he wanted, or needed.

Hi,'I took the information of the brochure when the boat was build.
So that is all I know about it.
Thank you!
Veronika

Would be nice to remove the masts, drop some lead off the keel, and turn it into an LRC type of motorboat. That would be my vote.

The sails

Would be nice to remove the masts, drop some lead off the keel, and turn it into an LRC type of motorboat. That would be my vote.

was useful for damped the roll.
In France I know a complete rigging who came from a sunk schooner.
Ok at less one of this mast could replace the main mast and save lot of weight, because the mast of Tangier are in steel.
And also if weight saved in mast,( may be 600kg at 12 m above wl) could also save some weight on ballast ( may be 4t at 1.8m below wl)

For example the ballast added in the front of engine room, no more access to the bilge at this place. Hope they change that during the refit in Amel boatyard.

Re: Tangier 75 ft Motor Sailor!

No, it has not, that's why it is being sold so reasonable. The boat has been out of the water in the boat yard for 15 years or so.

Normally it would sell for a lot more, it needs a total overhaul, as mentioned in the classified.
Thank you!

So, if I understand correctly, the boat is available for viewing at Georgetown Yacht Basin in Maryland, it is and has been on the hard for 15 years, the owner is somehow living in it currently on dry land. Here’s a partial photo of it in front of a pirate ship in fact.

Other than it needing to be “overhauled” do you have any details at all? I’ll be in Baltimore next weekend, but that’s an almost 2 hour drive. Have you seen it yourself - is it in need of scrapping? Appreciate some honest info.
IMG_1464.JPG

Curiously I gave technical information on the potential range of Tangier and the material of this mast; and my post was deleted because "I criticize " the Tangier.
I just precise the range of the Tangier is around 3000nm ( it is already a lot) not possible 8000 nm.

I think It could be interesting for a potential customer.
For example when I put my boat on advertise here some people wrote
the selling will be 30% less, the form is not a good form for trawler etc etc

I never complain because it is good if everybody give information and you never cancel this post...

Re: "TANGIER" Motor Sailor for SALE

Hi!
I did not cancel your post, think it is all good information you are giving.
They had cancelled one of my posts too.

I guess they have their regulations.
Thank you!

Also I want to correct the length of the boat Tangier. It is LOA: 80'
LWL: 71'6"
Thank you!

We were based at this yard for almost 20 years. We saw this boat on the hard. While periodically there was some activity we didn't observe that much work being done on it.

Just a data point.

Re: Tangier 80 ft Motor Sailor for Sale

Thank you for your input.
The reason not much work was being done on it, as the owner was doing all the work himself.

A big task for one person.

Dear Orcas

Hi!
I did not cancel your post, think it is all good information you are giving.
They had cancelled one of my posts too.

I guess they have their regulations.
Thank you!

I know it is not from you :)
I just trying to give the real information

It could be interesting for a potential customer.
I also already wrote if one day the price will change let know to us , may be we could be interested because when we worked on board she was a "dream boat" for us ( the owner even propose her to us but we was not able to pay :facepalm:) and it is sad to see her in her actual condition.

If you go to see

So, if I understand correctly, the boat is available for viewing at Georgetown Yacht Basin in Maryland, it is and has been on the hard for 15 years, the owner is somehow living in it currently on dry land. Here’s a partial photo of it in front of a pirate ship in fact.

Other than it needing to be “overhauled” do you have any details at all? I’ll be in Baltimore next weekend, but that’s an almost 2 hour drive. Have you seen it yourself - is it in need of scrapping? Appreciate some honest info.
View attachment 126870

Tangier, may be you could have a look at :
mast, particularly the base of the mizzen mast
chain plate
teak deck
inside lazaret
bilge
the bilge at the aft of engine room below the shaft, narrow place not easy to reach
the bilge front of engine room to see if they let the ballast in place
If the biggest generator is still moved by belt on main engine and on smaller Gardner on starboard (may be replaced by a more conventional generator during the refit in Amels boatyard) but it was useful because when you are under power you don't need to run a generator the main engine do the job)
chain looker
new windlass or the original one (strong professional one) but motor of the windlass under powered (2 one ac one dc)
sails age condition
corrosion at the wl on the original documentation they wrote hull thickness 8mm
engine was "cocooned" or filled with oil, running regularly or stay with raw water inside ?

etc etc

If you can do that take also photos and if later you will not be longer interested you could share with us :whistling:

Re: Tangier Motor Sailor!

Hi!
The teak deck needs replacing.
Not able to take pictures as the owner does not use cell phones and there is no internet on board.
The boat is being sold as is and for a very reasonable price, would cost otherwise a lot more. The boat has to be gone over.
Anybody interested is welcome to come out to Georgetown in Maryland and take a look at her, as the owner is currently out there.
Thank you!

I drove over and looked at Tangier on Saturday. I spoke with the owner (nice man).

I have six photos i want to share with everyone.

As you can see she is a little rough.

The owner said the engine had not been started in 12-13 years.

He also said that the yacht basin where the boat resides has been sold and that he has to get out by mid May.

He has new zincs on the boat and the bottom pain is not bad. I have no idea where he could go considering she draws 8.5.

Attachments

• IMG_0072.jpg
    IMG_0072.jpg
    197.7 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_0073.jpg
    IMG_0073.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_0074.jpg
    IMG_0074.jpg
    197.1 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_0075 (003).jpg
    IMG_0075 (003).jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_0076.jpg
    IMG_0076.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_0077 (002).jpg
    IMG_0077 (002).jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 99
Re: Motorsailor Tangier for Sale!

Hi,
thank you for posting your pictures, as you went to see the boat.

Thank you!
OrcasIsland

With owner and OP's permission sharing some photos of the boat that were shared on another thread about Tangier:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom