Hayfu II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Attachments

• whale-shar.jpg
    whale-shar.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 350
It's an interesting concept albeit it a butt-ugly boat in my opinion. Has a big bulbous bow on each hull. The hulls are quite wide--- sort of like parking the topsides on a pair of monohulls as opposed to a more traditional, slim-hulled catamaran. The props and rudders seem really tiny for a boat this size but maybe not.....

I guess it makes for much more hull space for engines, staterooms, etc. The curved top to the "tunnel" is an interesting design element. Is it perhaps using the principle of an arch to support the weight of the superstructure?

With such beamy hulls I would be interested to know the theory behind the design. Doesn't seem that it would make it faster than a similar size monohull. More stable? More efficient? I don't know about efficiency. You have two large hulls instead of one to drive through the water.

I'm sure the cabin space above is impressive so maybe that was the main motivation behind the thing. The boat looks very heavy and ponderous but perhaps that's just the exterior design and it is, in fact, quite light.

In any event I'm not impressed with the design at all from an aesthetic standpoint. I'd feeel like I was driving around in an oil exploration rig minus the tower.

From the video under it on the You Tube page it makes for a good boat to jump off of if you are so inclined.

Last edited:
Yeah, i agree with Marin. I just didn't know the Acadian word for ugly. Un Pichou? Laide?

A.F. Theriault actually does build some nice looking boats. Cats trying to look like mono-hulls just don't do it for me.

Last edited:
We had a Sportfish Cat named Black Pearl come thru here Fri heading south. I had never seen a set up like that before. Shoulda taken some pics!! Jolly Time

Hey guys, saw this in Marsh Harbour in June. Look familiar?

img_108036_0_04a081bb64fda9c0032e9c6433613fd3.jpg

img_108036_1_0b0e3930cde301d9d2be590cd016470f.jpg

That's her Don. Interesting anchor set up. Rode by them close today. Hinged plow. SS. Probably not used often.

Steve, if you expand the first picture, you can read the name on the upper side.

Got a double-take from us. Sitting on the deck at GYC when she came up the channel Friday evening. The tunnel is vast. She apparently shows up at GPT once or twice a year. One of the locals told me she draws only 3'6" max.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom