View Single Post
Old 02-16-2022, 09:23 AM   #9
maggiecat1003
Veteran Member

City: Wilton
Thank you all I have learned a huge amount from the expertise here from helpful input. More points on current, corrosion etc. than I realized. Complex subject, boats, metal, salt water, current, anodes; so many input variables

Based on above inputs I am coming to the following conclusions for next season and my pending work.

Aluminum all around including the engine pencils (learning for me).
I will hold off on the galvanic isolator but for sure identify where it is located on the boat. I have already various suggestions of where to look.

So am I also understanding correctly that if someone is leaking DC charge into the water around us it corrodes us as well?

Blue Moon I have seen your boat at PYC. We are on the south side of the doc closest to you. Based on your comments my zincs did not do much different from yours if you replace every season. That is easy enough as well. This is a job I can handle myself!

Comodave - I have not seen your boat but I believe you run the marina by the bridge and restaurant upriver from where we are at Brewer SH.

Thanks for all the advice. The best thing about learning is all it takes is asking questions and the willingness to read.

Appreciate the help.
The weblink for the zinc orders makes it easy.
maggiecat1003 is offline   Reply With Quote