Mainship bankruptcy where to get parts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mainship parts

I just bought a mainship 350 1999
Great boat but can not find replacement locks here

Can you help?

Thanks Tom

Tom, There's another member of the forum" BACCUS" who has a complete listing of parts for his 2008 Mainship . Try contacting him on this site. Let me know how you make out.

Good luck...
Belladonna

I'm right behind you BellaDonna...
Hope all is well with you. BTW we lost our Bichon a couple of wks ago.
We were hoping she made the trip home OK which she did.

I have instructions & links on my Bacchus website on searching for MS parts.

I have posted the 34T BOM that is searchable but other models the only way is to spend some time scanning the part photos.

See Bacchus - link in Parts & Maint Tab

I just bought a mainship 350 1999
Great boat but can not find replacement locks here

Inside door/cabinet latches?

Or exterior door locks?

Sometimes posting a picture helps folks identify stuff even if on a totally different brand or model of boat...

-Chris

Engine Room vent

I’m looking for an engine room vent 17” x 17” for a 2005 34’ Mainship trawler

I live in St. Augustine where Mainship was built, a new business is being built at the old plant, ( a marina) I was able to buy some of the old inventory, I think I might have the parts you are looking for, I have cabinet doors, latches, locks, even counter tops, and carpet.
i looking for door handles for my 06 34 mainship bathroom or the hole lock set

Cabinet hinges

I live in St. Augustine where Mainship was built, a new business is being built at the old plant, ( a marina) I was able to buy some of the old inventory, I think I might have the parts you are looking for, I have cabinet doors, latches, locks, even counter tops, and carpet.

Hi Steve. Interested in cabinet door hinges for 1999 35 Mainship trawler. You can reach us by email. Glenda.griffin58@icloud.com
Thanks
Glenda

Mainship 2008 parts

Hi Steve,
Not sure just what you have . It’s probable that I could use some of these parts. Could you tell me what you have?
Send Private message or email. Thanks

Last edited:
Hello All,
I am in need of a Starbd (Helm) side exterior sliding door latch with lock (complete) for a 2002 MainShip 430. The lock on mine is corroded and cannot be locked.

Also, if anyone knows model of windshield wiper motors for this boat, that would be helpful.

Thanks,
John Robinson

Parts list

Hello All,
I am in need of a Starbd (Helm) side exterior sliding door latch with lock (complete) for a 2002 MainShip 430. The lock on mine is corroded and cannot be locked.

Also, if anyone knows model of windshield wiper motors for this boat, that would be helpful.

Thanks,
John Robinson

Go to BACCUS posts on the trawler forum. He has a complete list of parts for 2008 Mainship trawler. Good luck

Thanks BellaDonna, the BACCUS site may have solved another of my problems also which was how to dis-assemble the lock.

Hi Donna and thanks for the plug

John...
Welcome aboard TF and the Mainship family.
If you have any learnings, sources, etc worth sharing feel free to let me know and I can update the M-M sticky re parts.

Hope it solves your problem, good luck.

I am looking for a rudder and shoe for my 02 Pilot 34. Any suggestions?

Check the recent Marine salvage yards thread. Last week, I think.

Parts for Mainshio

Check the recent Marine salvage yards thread. Last week, I think.

For Mainship parts list see BACCUS on trawler forum. He has a Mainship 2008 trawler . Don’t know if that will help you.
Good Luck!

Steve,
Let me know what you might have parts
Wise for 07 MS 430. The sedan not aft cabin.
Kent Little,
Little Yacht Sales- 713-817-7216
Kent@LittleYachtSales.com

Hi Steve good evening from Europe. I wonder if you could help me. I found a mainship trawler 350 of 2009 European standards (12/220 V). the boat is new, never used. Never prepared for cruising. It is motorised with twin yanmar with V drive. It lacks the bikini top with the metal support structure; the air conditioning unit; the power generator; the windlass. Would you be able to assist or advise. ? Many thanks

Trying to put a genset in the MS will be very difficult, even more difficult to maintain due to space constraints. I would just use a Honda 2000i or 2200i portable. Depends on what you want to do, but I think you would be far happier, cheaper and much easier to maintain.

I am not sure, but I believe some MS350/390s have the relatively compact NextGen 5.0 KW generator which might not be too difficult to get into a MS trawler. I have its little brother, the 3.5 KW unit.

Seafarer has a lot of cabinet latches i bougt some years ago for my 2000 430 from there.
Also Izerwaren Has an incredible amount of door latches. Both in Ft Lauderdale

Mast tabernacle

I’m looking for the hinge fitting that goes into the bottom of the mast on a 1984 40 foot mainship. Anybody know where I can find one or have one?

I’m looking for the hinge fitting that goes into the bottom of the mast on a 1984 40 foot mainship. Anybody know where I can find one or have one?

Probably will have to have it custom made.

It seems like every day there are threads from Maiinship owners here on T.F. I have never owned one but know there are lots of happy owners out there. Lots of boats for sure.

How does such a popular brand manage to go bankrupt?

pete

It seems like every day there are threads from Maiinship owners here on T.F. I have never owned one but know there are lots of happy owners out there. Lots of boats for sure.

pete
2008 economy hurt lots of leisure companies.
Mainship Luhrs & Hunter Sailboats were all under the same umbrella and went down together. Many other recognizable boat brands got bought out.
Brunswick Marine has accumulated a large number of boat brands by buying out at every economic down turn. Many have no idea thoses are not the original mgrs.

pete

Even before they went bankrupt, Mainship owners had difficulty getting parts.
When they moved from Toms River to St Augustine, they destroyed the old molds and didn't take any old inventory. Many parts were bought up by an ex-employee, and those lasted a while IF you knew about him.

Sounds like history is repeating itself.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom