Old 01-30-2022, 08:35 AM   #33
catalinajack
Guru

City: Edgewater, MD
Vessel Name: Catalina Jack
Vessel Model: Defever 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mambo42 View Post
Am so glad I found this post about the refurbishing of the fuel pumps. Am having my cylinders, pistons, valves, injectors etc cleaned by a mechanic, for which he is charging me a very nice amount, but it needs to be done.

Today he came with the 'suggestion' to do a complete overhaul of the fuel pumps, so that I know for sure they are functioning fine. Never had any problems with them, they are not leaking, oil gets changed every 100 hours, so I don't see the need for taking them apart.

The quote for the rebuild alone is 2000 euro, after that comes the installation and re-timing and oh yes.................I have 2 of these pumps.

So glad to find out I can basically keep those 5000 euro (in total) in my pocket and exchange the parts myself for 250 euro max (for 2 pumps).

Is it just me who always finds these mechanics that want to overhaul your engines when you just come for some cleaning or does this happen to others as well ?

Just wondering.
Nope. Not u usual. There is shortage of guessers quite willing to replace and hope.
catalinajack is offline   Reply With Quote