JD
Guru

City: New Bern NC
Vessel Name: Stella Di Mare
Vessel Model: Mainship 34t
Quote:
Originally Posted by jann View Post
The 7K did OK.
Dometic says their 10K might be too big, for the existing duck system, and the 6K might not cool enought in hot summer days.

The present unit was examined by Fred Salrin...he has the best reputation in the area. He says the unit rusted out to much to repair.
I can get a new design turbo 8K unit but cost ~ $2500. The 6K EDC unit I can get from defender for ~$1200. The 10K unit I can get from defender for ~ $1400 I need to stay with Dometic to use existing control panel.
Think I'm slanting toward the 6K unit and take a chance ???
Flagship has a unit that is 6,500 Btu model FM6R and it is $1,299. Includes new control panel. Don't let that scare you. The panel is wired to the unit by way of a phone wire, just like the wire that goes from your phone to the wall. Easy to route any place. You can add heat $179. With this heat you can run it on the hard if need be. So if the dimensions will fit it is right where you want to be.

I have no connection with these folks just a happy previous customer and if one of my units goes south this is what I'm putting in.
JD is offline   Reply With Quote