Fire at Coeymans Landing Marina

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh man, thanks very much for posting that. When we first bought our boat we motored it from Newport, RI to Coeymans on the Hudson. They handled the repairs, upgrades, dismantling and loading on the 18-wheeler. They did a fantastic job and they sent us progress pictures a few times a day, including one of our boat in that boat shop in the slings. I think the lead service guy at the time was named Eric. As I recall Hedi and Carl sold the marina a year or two after our trip in 2015. We had an amusing time with Hedi and Carl because my wife and I are Heidi and Karl. Sad to hear, hope the worker and the marina recovers. Fond memories, they were great.

Here's another news story with video:

https://q1057.com/explosion-heard-major-fire-at-coeymans-marina-photosvideo/

Last edited:
We store our boat there for the winter, going to take a ride down and see how things looks tonight.

It was Eric who was hurt. He is a great guy, pulling for him.

He is Carl's son.

Oh man, thanks very much for posting that. When we first bought our boat we motored it from Newport, RI to Coeymans on the Hudson. They handled the repairs, upgrades, dismantling and loading on the 18-wheeler. They did a fantastic job and they sent us progress pictures a few times a day, including one of our boat in that boat shop in the slings. I think the lead service guy at the time was named Eric. As I recall Hedi and Carl sold the marina a year or two after our trip in 2015. We had an amusing time with Hedi and Carl because my wife and I are Heidi and Karl. Sad to hear, hope the worker and the marina recovers. Fond memories, they were great.

Here's another news story with video:

https://q1057.com/explosion-heard-major-fire-at-coeymans-marina-photosvideo/

I had my boat there for a few years. They are a bunch of wonderful people. Prayers for Eric.

Oh no... That's awful. Man, Eric is a great guy. All of the staff here are great. I hope everyone comes through alright.

Great Place

I bought my boat from there and lived on it for about six months in 2020. They were the best marina ever! They welcomed my big pitbull, Deacon, and I with open arms. Erik and Joe were so helpful. Jenna and Anna were wonderful as well. I love that marina. I am so sad that Eric got hurt! I wish there were more than prayers that I could send to help him!

Last edited:
I bought my boat from there and lived on it for about six months in 2020. They were the best marina ever! They welcomed my big pitbull, Deacon, and I with open arms. Erik and Joe were so helpful. Jenna and Anna were wonderful as well. I love that marina. I am so sad that Eric got hurt! I wish there were more than prayers that I could send to help him!

Best neighbor ever, right here ^^

I miss Deacon.

Is this Captian D.? I miss him every day!

I'm heart broken to hear this. Eric made the place work for us when we were there. I've poured used oil into that same tank. I hope he recovers. We were thinking of going back next summer but I can't imagine the place without him.

I've heard nothing but good things about the place. Hopefully Eric recovers well and hopefully the damage wasn't too severe (for the sake of the business and all of the other boats there).

Wonder if somebody can get an update on him. I'd like to send him a card or something. Well, here we go, thanks Google. A tangible way to help him:

Wonder if somebody can get an update on him. I'd like to send him a card or something. Well, here we go, thanks Google. A tangible way to help him:

Thanks for posting that!

For insurance purposes, I do hope they painted something on the tank like "No welding within X number of feet."

A full tank is less prone to exposure than a less than full tank. Vapors ignite quickly.

This thread is months old I know, but I wonder if anyone has an update on Eric Allen. I did a google search. Happy to see the GoFundMe page raised $88K, well beyond the goal, but I wonder how he's doing. Checked social media and I don't see anything recently on his FB page or any reference on the Marina's page or site. Last reference I can find is that he was going into surgery Jan 30. Anybody know? Thanks.

Here is an update I took off the facebook page, It was posted by his father Carl
He is still in the hospital in Boston. It is going to be a long hard battle.

Traveled to Boston today to see my son, unfortunately several good days Have been followed by a few not so good. The roller coaster Rolls on but the roller coaster does not know who they’re dealing with with Lori and Eric have this trust me.
As much as we would like to keep everybody updated on Eric‘s condition this is the classic reason why we can’t.
However we certainly will when we can.

Back
Top Bottom