Teak interiors

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just enquiring about the best method to rejuvenate the interior teak on the interior of my Grand Banks. It is in good shape but the teak needs a product on it to bring it back to a rich colour. It had dried out over the years

I use a good quality furniture polish and get nice results. Gives it a nice warm sheen. Obviously doesn’t repair scratches and such.

We used this on our previous boat. Got it on Amazon.

Better Life Natural Wood Polish, Lavender & Cinnamon

We have a 1999 Europa 42 with teak everywhere. We recently learned, from a fellow boater, about Murphy’s Oil Soap. This is the concentrated version that you mixed in warm water. We use a micro fiber cloth to apply/clean the surface then another cloth to wipe it dry. Our first application cleaned stains that other cleaners failed at.

If you are looking to apply varnish to teak in poor condition, you might try sending an email to Grand Banks Malaysia for interior finish materials used during construction of your vessel. Provide the year, model and GB hull number.
I send my questions to: Nazri Abu, nazri_a@grandbanks.com

My boat was finished with Timbertone. Timbertone is/was made in Singapore especially for GB, not available in US. Nazri told me that Interlux GoldSpar Satin is very close to the original finish. Purchased some GoldSpar the other day to apply to a new pieces of Red Oak and Poplar. Replacing a companion way hinged step and trying to match grain and color as best I can. The exotic wood dealer I’m working with believes the step is not made from teak, much to my surprise.

Just enquiring about the best method to rejuvenate the interior teak on the interior of my Grand Banks. It is in good shape but the teak needs a product on it to bring it back to a rich colour. It had dried out over the years
I recently finished doing all of the teak surfaces on our 1983 DeFever 44, walls, drawers, trim. There was a LOT of teak. Like your boat, the teak was very dry and mine looked faded in many places. I used gel stain made by Old Masters. I applied it with a foam brush in sections and wiped it of with terrycloth bar mops. The terrycloth soaks up all of the excess but it does require a bit of elbow grease to remove the excess. The result was remarkable. The teak looks almost original. The gel stain soaks in and leaves NO residue and it does not run or drip.

Finding Old Masters at a local hardware store may be difficult. I located a store by researching the Old Masters website. Amazon has it for about $4 per can more than what I paid. Pay the price and use this product. You will not regret it.

I recently finished doing all of the teak surfaces on our 1983 DeFever 44, walls, drawers, trim. There was a LOT of teak. Like your boat, the teak was very dry and mine looked faded in many places. I used gel stain made by Old Masters. I applied it with a foam brush in sections and wiped it of with terrycloth bar mops. The terrycloth soaks up all of the excess but it does require a bit of elbow grease to remove the excess. The result was remarkable. The teak looks almost original. The gel stain soaks in and leaves NO residue and it does not run or drip.

Finding Old Masters at a local hardware store may be difficult. I located a store by researching the Old Masters website. Amazon has it for about $4 per can more than what I paid. Pay the price and use this product. You will not regret it.
Thanks for a great tip. Seems like a great way to touch up those scratches that I have not been able to get rid of. Now if I can get them to send me a color chart.

I used linseed oil.
Just brush it on lightly and wipe off.

Back
Top Bottom