New Garmin charts +Navionics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
M/V Intrigue
Vessel Make
1985 Tung Hwa Senator
https://www.garmin.com/en-US/c/marine-cartography/navionics/

Price seems ok compared to old Vision charts. The areas are much larger. Is this what we have been waiting for :confused:

I have not been paying attention so Im not sure if this is already old news? I am waiting on my Autopilot to arrive so I can do the entire install so I haven't got to chart purchases yet.

So is this going to allow me to run Navionics on my Garmin plotters?

Looks like it. Plus Active Captain, plus lots of other user collected data.

It's an annual subscription.

Some confusion on compatibility. I have a GPSMAP 1042xvs, the overview page shows GPSMAP 10X2 as compatible but detail page on U.S. & Coastal Canada - Lakes, Rivers shows only GPSMAP 1022 and 1022xvs as compatible.

Time to call Garmin.

Bruce

It's an annual subscription.

Some confusion on compatibility. I have a GPSMAP 1042xvs, the overview page shows GPSMAP 10X2 as compatible but detail page on U.S. & Coastal Canada - Lakes, Rivers shows only GPSMAP 1022 and 1022xvs as compatible.

Time to call Garmin.

Bruce

Are you sure its a subscription? You can purchase the Micro SD card just like the old charts or do the download. Maybe if you want daily updates thats a subscription?

And the compatibility is a question. I have 2 older 741XS but jus bought a new 923XSV. It shows the new unit as compatible but the older ones not compatible. I did buy the GMS 10 Network port expander. I wonder if I use the charts on the 923XSV if I can display them on the 741XS

Last edited:
Ok..so you get the micro SD card or the download for the Charts with everything described. It also comes with 1 year subscription for the following.

With your included one-year subscription, access daily updates via the ActiveCaptain® smart device app.

Screenshot (12).jpg

I just ordered. Says 2-3 weeks out. I got the microSD since I have other vessels and can just move the card. As soon as I get it I will do an update. I also have my old G2 vision card thats 1.5 years old so I can compare the differences. Looks to be a substantial improvement in integrating all the things I like to use into the chart plotter without the use of a tablet plus apparently better charts.

Back
Top Bottom