View Single Post
Old 01-20-2022, 08:31 PM   #12
Snapdragon III

City: Kenmore
Vessel Name: Snapdragon
Vessel Model: Custom 56' Skookum trawler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endeavor GB 32 View Post
Snapdragon, thanks for a very interesting post and tutorial. I am curious about your boat, years ago I spent months reading the cruising logs of a Skookum called Sea Raven online. Are you aware of that boat or blog, and, is your boat similar?
Regards,
Scott
I am not aware of the Sea Raven. The story I heard about my boat was that the original people who built it bought the Skookum mold which had been sitting for 10+ years in a lot in Port Townsend, after the original builder had gone bust, and built my boat as a custom one off Trawler. It was originally built as a power boat, and had a poorly designed sailing rig added to it many years later. It has a lot of miles under its keel for a power boat. I believe it has been through the Panama canal and cruised for years in the Caribbean, Eastern Seaboard, South America, then back to Seattle. Then another trip in the early 2000 with the second owner from Vancouver to New Zealand and back. Then a third trip From Vancouver to Mexico, to Fiji, where I bought it. From Fiji, I brought it back to Hawaii, then Anacortes WA.
Snapdragon III is offline   Reply With Quote