Logbook Apps (iOS)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scottwb96

Vessel Name
Star Weird
Vessel Make
Camargue
I've been looking at a few iOS apps for logbooks. I was wondering if anyone is using one they really like. Or ones they really DON'T like...

Not interested in hearing about paper logbooks, excel docs you've created, etc...

Just looking for info on some apps that are out there...

Nebo
Logbook (Ship's Log Book for Captains)
Boating Suite

Any others you think I should take a look at?

Looking for an "automatic" logging app. N2K integration would also be nice. Something that I can easily add maintenance records (including model numbers) upgrades and future reminders...

iMO Depends on how you want to use it.
I looked at a few before we did an extended (for us) cruise back in 2019.
I was interested in documenting our trip and easily sharing it with friends.

I chose BlueBoatLog after try it and a few others.

Things I liked...
Available & accessible as Android & IOS App as well as via laptop browser.
Laptop made editing, adding photos & adding text to easier, at least for me, vs phone or tablet.
It tracked your route for each day's leg (or between each start/stop) and displayed your route as part of the log
Let you group multi legs into a cruise or trip
Ability to work on and save drafts before sharing w others
Sharing was easy as you provide one URL link that others can access as often as they choose w/o ony further emails etc to prompt them.

BBL was developed as a sailors tool but I found the developer open to others using it and was receptive to add additional features from users. He added the ability to combine multi legs into a trip at my suggesting.

I have a couple good examples posted on Bacchus website under Cruising Notes - 2019 Cruise if interested.

This is not intended as a maintenance log. I have & use spreadsheets for that and can customize sheets for various purposes.

thanks for the info. Definitely looking for a log AND maintenance tracker. :)

Back
Top Bottom