Holding tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Croix du Sud

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Croix du Sud
Vessel Make
Grand Banks 36 Europa # 842
Hi all,
For about 10 years, Croix du Sud is equipped with an ELECTROSCAN waste treatment station. Although noisy, it works correctly provided the engines are running (it's an Amperes chasm). Anyway, it's no longer regarded as environment friendly.
Therefore, I consider replacing it by a plain holding tank but I wonder where to install it. See no room for.
Some GB 36 owners might have an experience and I'd be much grateful for any practical information in this matter.
Have a nice day
Jean

I have mine where others have a generator.
Nearest the head most often used is best. You have not said if it is single or twin engines. where is the electrosan now as a starting location

Don’t know about where to locate the tank but can recommend Ronko holding tanks highly. They make a quality tank and have hundreds of stock tanks. They will install the fittings where you need them. No affiliation. Also try to put in 2 large vents, one to each side of the boat it will help get oxygen into the tank and therefore keep smells to a minimum.

Apologies Steve, the message was unwillingly sent.
Well, Croix du Sud is a twin engined 36 footer and the generator is installed immediately abaft the engines, so the closest volume left is between the gas tanks but too remote, I think.
Any suggestion still welcome.
Have a nice day
Jean

Last edited:
Ronco Plastics would be an excellent source if he were in the US, Dave...but he's in France....shipping from California would be a deal breaker.

TekTanks in the UK is his best source for European boat owners. TekTanks tank catalog They make top quality tanks, also install fittings in the sizes and locations specified by the customer and have almost as many shapes and sizes as Ronco plus, they're great to work with.

The "replacement tanks for sail and motor boat" designations are just a reference for those needing an identical replacement...you may find that one of them is the size and shape that you need.

--Peggie

Hi Peggie,
I've been short in space in my reply, sorry.
Just have a look to Tek Tanks internet site. Their choice is impressive, indeed. Thanks for the link
Have a nice day
Jean

Rare to see one from aix en provence on forum!(J'ai grandi a Manosque et vecu a Marseille).

L

Hi our holding tank (40gal) on our 36' Grand Banks Classic is installed on a platform, level with the deck grating on the stbd side adjacent to our single engine, just on the other side of the deck grating. Fits perfect!

Good luck
Mike Dana
Third Reef
36' Grand Banks Classic
Potts Harbor Maine

36 GB single engine. 40 Gallon poly tank. Stbd side parallel to engine. I am guessing same as Mikes (post #9)

Holding tank is under the generator in GB36 twin aft cabin model.
Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom