Hi

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dajinka

Vessel Name
Dajinka
Vessel Make
Bayliner 3270
Hi All,
New member. We boat in Lake Huron north channel and Georgian bay areas. Hope to get a larger boat when we retire to live on 1/2 the year. Our boat though not a true trawler is operated like one and we love every minute we get on the water.
Andy
Ps the boat is called Dajinka an inside joke in my girlfriend’s family.

I have great memories on that area when I cruised through. There is a GB36 named Pathfinder on Manitou Island I delivered to the Great Lakes several years ago. Maybe he is ready to sell, who knows. Anyway, glad to have you aboard.

Greetings,
Welcome aboard, eh?

RTF, are you trying to make out you are from New Zealand, or something..? Because if so, that doesn't cut it. You have to throw in at least a 'hey bro', and the odd 'kia ora', well before the 'eh?' :D

RTF, are you trying to make out you are from New Zealand, or something..? Because if so, that doesn't cut it. You have to throw in at least a 'hey bro', and the odd 'kia ora', well before the 'eh?' :D

" eh? " is the Canadian punctuation at the end of a sentence, eh?:rofl:

Hi Andrew. Welcome aboard. I’m in beautiful Georgian Bay as well. At Beacon Bay Marina in Penetanguishene :)

Hey Peter, RTF is a displaced Eastern Canadian, hence the fixation on greeting new Canadian members with his "EH?". Maybe it is appropriate for the new member from Georgian Bay?
Andrew, on Dajinka, welcome aboard. Do you understand RTF's EH? as applying to you?

We west Coaster Canadians usually roll our eyes when folks from elsewhere greet us with that characterization. Down there with questions about our igloos and dogsleds.

If only we had something as identifiable as the Kiwis have.....

Welcome aboard TF
You are in some of the most spectacular cruising ground in North America IMO.
We have been to Georgian Bay twice ('97 and 2019) and have to say it is our #1 Best Ever cruise.

" eh? " is the Canadian punctuation at the end of a sentence, eh?:rofl:

Aaaah, sooo...sorry then RTF, my bad...I didn't know that. The/we Kiwis also throw the eh word around a lot as well, but the Canadians do as well, eh..? Shucks, you learn a new thing every day - even at my age. :D

Talking of ending sentences - what about this new obsession sweeping the globe of commencing nearly every sentence with 'so'..?

Hi All,
New member. We boat in Lake Huron north channel and Georgian bay areas. Hope to get a larger boat when we retire to live on 1/2 the year. Our boat though not a true trawler is operated like one and we love every minute we get on the water.
Andy
Ps the boat is called Dajinka an inside joke in my girlfriend’s family.

Welcome! I was born in the other Chelmsford, in Essex, England. Originally named Caesaromagus (Ceasar's Marketplace) in the 1st century AD. By the time of the Doomsday Book (1086) it was named Chelmsford since it was a place where the River Chelmer was forded. The river was bridged in 1100 but the name remained Chelmsford despite local pressure to rename it again as Chelmbridge. Not much has changed since then!!!

Again welcome and my apologies for the history lesson.
~A

It`s the Canadian equivalent of the Aussie rising inflection or word elongation at the end of a sentence.:)

Might see you out there someday - we boat out of spanish in the north channel.

Welcome! I was born in the other Chelmsford, in Essex, England. Originally named Caesaromagus (Ceasar's Marketplace) in the 1st century AD. By the time of the Doomsday Book (1086) it was named Chelmsford since it was a place where the River Chelmer was forded. The river was bridged in 1100 but the name remained Chelmsford despite local pressure to rename it again as Chelmbridge. Not much has changed since then!!!

Again welcome and my apologies for the history lesson.
~A

NO apologies - I love history.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom