American Modern Insurance co

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Murval

Any one with experience or comments about American Modern Insurance for boat insurance? TKS

Iwent with them this year. Outstanding so far. Best premium, and very good policy. I questioned several items in the policy and got good explanations and one change. I hope they renew at a similar level this year. I'm due in March. I'll let you know.

I have been satisfied so far.

Best pricing we could find and policy coverage.

We have never had a claim, ever.

Reviving this thread to ask if anyone else might have any experiences with American Modern insurance?

Their rate was the best I've received so far. But that also makes me wonder if they're legitimate. Cheap insurance premiums are meaningless if they don't pay claims.

Has anyone ever filed a claim with American Modern?

How about any experiences with United Marine Underwriters?

Thank you!

Looks like American Modern INS group is rated A+ by AM Best. Not rated by Standard & Poors or Moodys. Which should mean they have enough assets to pay claims.

Last edited:
I have used Oversea Yacht Insurance in San Diego as my insurance broker for years......They are legitimate in my opinion and shop each year for the best insurance to fit my needs and the boat....I have had good luck with them for over 30 yrs.....

This year they recommended American Modern...I had never heard of them, knew nothing about the company.....I was assured by Oversea that they have been around for a long time and they use them routinely...This year they came in with a substantially better quote than the others for the same coverage.......

I did some research and was satisfied that it was fine....

The true test of course is claim time, which I have not had to do ...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom