View Single Post
Old 01-08-2022, 07:59 PM   #5
Drummer79
Veteran Member

City: Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc View Post
Forget the fuel difference. You will win every time buying a gasser . The big concern should be heating and the entry door. Getting on off the boat needs to be convenient in all weather and you will need good heat . That boat has a lot of area and windows
Quote:
Originally Posted by RT Firefly View Post
Greetings,
Mr. D. Exactly what Mr. A posted. Consider frozen/snow or ice covered decks and navigating those narrow side decks and ladders in February @ O-dark 30.

That being said, for the price, you can hardly go wrong BUT, get a good survey! I know you may be tempted to save the $$ a survey will cost but one leaky fuel tank or faulty through hull can really mess up your day.

Also consider the availability of a live aboard slip. They're becoming fewer and far between.
In NC frozen decks would rarely be a problem, and yeah it gets cold here and there, but rare for it to get to freezing and stay there all day let alone for weeks at a time. The dock that it's already sitting at, 15 minutes from current home, allows liveaboards, whether officially or not, they allow it. So those aren't issues really. A survey is a must, I've bought an old sailboat before and restored it, or tried, til a storm damaged it too far gone to keep chasing that dream, so yeah I know all about being sure to buy a solid boat to start with.
Drummer79 is offline   Reply With Quote