View Single Post
Old 01-04-2022, 03:11 PM   #52
Newtrawlerowner

City: Delray Beach, FL and Denver, CO
Vessel Name: PartnerShip II
Vessel Model: 2003 Mainship 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by akpilotom View Post
Does anyone know how to remove the headliner under the deck walkway in the main stateroom? You know, around the perimeter of the bow where there is a walkway which creates a lower ceiling in the stateroom. There are screws at the end of each “panel” and it appears that if you remove the screws, the panel will come down, but it’s not coming down easily and I don’t want to force it and break it. I don’t think the track method is used here, the seem like panels with vinyl attached. Kind of seems like the vinyl from the lower bow sidewall wraps up and is stapled to the top of the removable panel
I am in the process of replacing all vinyl in v- berth now.
Those panels are held in place by the vinyl pushed into a track that is screwed into the face of the panel AND 1or 2 screws at the forward end of each panel.
I found that when they built the boat, they stapled the vinyl and foam to the topside of this panel, then pushed it into place and screwed as I just described.
Removing it will require cutting the vinyl and foam.
BTW there is almost no way of removing that panel without replacing the vinyl and foam on the hull.

Neither are glued down. I’ll post in-process pictures so you can see what I did.
Newtrawlerowner is offline   Reply With Quote