• Trawler Forum Classified Posting Guidelines
    • We expect ads placed to be related to the topic of this forum.
    • Ads that are inactive for 180 days or longer may be moved to the Classified Archive and locked. Ads may be relisted if the item is still current. Alternatively, owners may contact a Moderator to reinstate an archived ad.
    • The Classified section is for advertising, members are asked to refrain from posting discussions to a Classified Ad. Please start a discussion thread or PM the owner for discussions.
    • Do not hijack another member's ad by posting unsolicited commentary. Example: if a member has posted an ad offering an anchor for sale, don't add a post to his thread stating that you have an anchor you'd like to get rid of also. Posts deemed as unsolicited commentary may be removed.
    • For your own security, do NOT include your e-mail or phone number in your ad. Instead request that interested parties contact you via PM (private message) to provide owners contact info.
    • Brokers, Dealers, or those with a commercial interest in a sale are prohibited from posting in Classifieds.
    • Only Trawler Forum Commercial Members may post ads in the Commercial section. You must be a designated Commercial Member to start threads in this section of the forum. (Contact a moderator if you have questions about this)
    • Don't post links to commercial sites where you are also offering the boat, such as eBay, Craigslist or Yachtworld, etc. unless it contains a more in-depth description, additional information or pictures.
    • Place only one ad per item (you may repost only when your ad has expired and been removed).
    For Sale ads MUST include:
    • Asking price
    • Clear statement whether you are the owner or non-owner (posting for friend, relative, or acquaintance)
    • Don't forget to select: FOR SALE, WANTED or FREE in the Title block.
    All ads should also include ALL the following:
    • Pertinent maintenance and condition information
    • Exterior picture or pictures
    • Interior picture or pictures (boats)
    For maximum impact & exposure, it is suggested the Ad Title include: Year, Manufacturer, Model, Length, Price, and Location or at the very top of the ad body. When your item has sold or the ad is no longer relevant: Please post a Reply to the ad that the item is SOLD or click "Report Post" on post 1 of the thread to ask a moderator to archive the ad. Ads may be moved or removed by our staff at any time for any reason. All ads must comply with site rules. Thanks for your cooperation.
  • Avoid Scams.

Our classifieds are free and anyone registered here is welcome to post an ad.
    Be aware that there are unscrupulous folks out there. Avoid any interaction that seems odd to you or �feels� wrong. Inquiries from unknown buyers, buyers �agents� and other non-traditional approaches should be treated with extreme caution.

Beware of unsolicited contacts offering to put you in touch with someone else who is buying or selling via e-mail or text.

Do not post your e-mail address or phone number in a classifieds ad.

Hints that you may be dealing with a Scammer:
    • Seller or Buyer approaches you via a direct email or PM and then steers you to an off-site communication method (text or email).
    • No posts or very few forum posts.
    • Recent forum membership
    • Insists on conducting negotiations via email or text rather than PM
    • Requires payment via Bank Transfer, BitCoin/CryptoCurrency, WesternUnion or other unsecured method.
    • Buyer or Seller suggests Paypal "Friends and Family" payment. Paypal is a good way to arrange payment but an invoice for goods and services should be used rather than "Friends and Family". "Friends and Family" avoids fees BUT there is no recourse if the transaction runs aground. Friends and Family is for gifts only. There is no protection for Friends and Family transactions, so never ever use it to buy something.
    • Declines to allow viewing the item before proceeding with the transaction.

Looking for 35-40 ft tug or trawler

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tedkuw

Vessel Name
Galaxy
Vessel Make
2005 Nordic Tug 37
Looking for a newish (2000 or newer) Nordic or American tug in the 35-40 ft range but will consider other brands. Must have diesel, thrusters, 2 staterooms; prefer no exterior wood, diesel forced air heat.
Thanks.

Looking for a newish (2000 or newer) Nordic or American tug in the 35-40 ft range but will consider other brands. Must have diesel, thrusters, 2 staterooms; prefer no exterior wood, diesel forced air heat.
Thanks.

You are in a good place to find a used boat that fulfills your stated requirements. If you want a 2 SR AT, it will have to be in the low 40 length. I cannot speak to the Nordic tug.

Looked long and hard at NT v AT. Ended up choosing NT. Thought construction details better on the NT so went with the NT42. Early days but so far so good. Like two separate staterooms with two separate full heads and decent storage. Ergonomics seem a small bit better throughout the boat for us ( 6’ and 4’10”). The guest stateroom head is used as the day head. It’s separated from the staterooms so you don’t wake anyone using it. Showers in both are just large enough as to be useable for 6’ + people without boat yoga. No hot bunking as there’s a pull out double in the salon and a single in the pilot house so you have 7 berths if needed. Performance is excellent.
Talk to Ben Wilde ( east coast). Don’t know about west coast.

Last edited:
..... If you want a 2 SR AT, it will have to be in the low 40 length. ....

Doesn't the AT 362 ( 36.5 feet ) have 2 staterooms ?

I thought the Waypoint 36 did as well, but I'm not sure how many of those were made or if they are still making them.

Last edited:
Doesn't the AT 362 ( 36.5 feet ) have 2 staterooms ?

I thought the Waypoint 36 did as well, but I'm not sure how many of those were made or if they are still making them.

Ben, I am waiting for input from someone who have walk AT362

Thanks.
An NT37 would qualify.

Looking for 35-40 tug

Thanks to all who replied to my post about trying to find a tug (or trawler) in the 35-40 range with 2 staterooms, diesel, thrusters. A Nordic 37 would certainly work as well as a AT362 but both are really difficult to find. We are very familiar with GB42 that are great boats but too much exterior teak. We would like the boat to fit in our 40' slip but not essential; also has to be boat that can be safely handled by couple in their 70's. Any leads on good boats coming to market would be greatly appreciated.

Both the NTs and ATs are excellent boats. Would just wait it out until you find one in good shape. Wouldn’t be hung up on which brand. The NTs are a slight bit more efficient to my understanding but not enough to matter much. We get 8kts at 4.3gph on sea trial and on last long trip in slop.
The GBs are different boats but the Europas I think would give you the layout you’re looking for as well. There’s a GB for sale in East Greenwich RI listed with Nordhavn northeast. Know that boat and she’s in good shape to my knowledge having been well kept.

looking for the same boat here in the East! Would love to hear from anyone with leads.
Thx -
Jim

Can't argue with that Dan! But even stripping can be a pain too. I have nothing against beautiful gray weathered teak although some boats probably should be nicely varnished. Be careful what you sign up for in that case. This boat wouldn't look as good in weathered gray.

Attachments

• varn2.jpg
    varn2.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Can't argue with that Dan! But even stripping can be a pain too. I have nothing against beautiful gray weathered teak although some boats probably should be nicely varnished. Be careful what you sign up for in that case. This boat wouldn't look as good in weathered gray.

Ah yup. My older bro had one like that.

Every 3 or 4 months the builder would come get it and put it away for the winter.

Looking for trawler

Hello Tedku
Just on the off chance you may be interested, I have a 2007 Mainship 34. Single engine diesel, bow and stern thrusters. Perfect for a couple in their ‘70’s to handle.
In excellent condition, lying Vancouver. Reply to me if you are interested and I can give you more details.
Cheers
Sailinggod.

Hello Tedku
Just on the off chance you may be interested, I have a 2007 Mainship 34. Single engine diesel, bow and stern thrusters. Perfect for a couple in their ‘70’s to handle.
In excellent condition, lying Vancouver. Reply to me if you are interested and I can give you more details.
Cheers
Sailinggod.

Good boat but I don't think you have 2 staterooms, no? Also is it a vee berth or a queen/double?

You’re right, it has an island berth in a single stateroom with a pull-out couch in the salon. Good for 2-3 nights with friendly guests, then what’s your hurry to get home?

A little varnishing never killed anyone. Painting over brightwork is like putting ketchup on a hotdog (from Chicago), it is just wrong.........

You’re right, it has an island berth in a single stateroom with a pull-out couch in the salon. Good for 2-3 nights with friendly guests, then what’s your hurry to get home?

I can attest to the comfort of the saloon pull out couch. Had Yen's (house mouse) parent here for a month. Gave them the stateroom and Yen I slept in the saloon 'pull out'.
Then Yen had a girlfriend come stay for a week or two. She got the stateroom and I went out a bought an air mattress for 2. Far more comfortable. Everything about that air mattress was better than the pull out.

Refit totally an old good hull

May I suggest also to refit an Hatteras 42LRC ? 2 staterooms, twin diesel engines... no wood outside... Perfect layout to lie aboard. You'll have an excellent solid boat after refit and rebuild of the engines for less than 150k$.

My vanishing days are over.
I wish all you young bucks with varnish and a brush, great happiness.
:thumb: :D

Last edited:
Depends upon where you are and where you can store the boat.
If I was in the tropics or even sub tropics would strongly avoid varnish. Think Cetol looks like junk so either do it or not but no Cetol.
But if you’re in northern climes and own or have access to a shed varnish isn’t that big a deal after you go through the exercise of proper prep. I still like old school epiphanes. On several boats exercise was to wood everything once I owned the boat. Go through the exercise of 8 coats. Then for following years when time and motivation struck light sand and two coats. That labor was 1 or 2 weekends over the winter. Did my little projects then as well. This was on Taiwanese boats with a lot of bright work. For just a rail work isn’t a biggie. Wouldn’t let the presence of some brightwork deter me from a good old boat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom