Old 12-01-2021, 11:13 AM   #19
PULLMAN

City: Rowayton
Vessel Name: Pullman
Vessel Model: Hutchinson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougcole View Post
Interesting.

In addition to needing new flooring on our boat the vinyl liner material on the hull sides, as discussed in other threads, is peeling and needs to be addressed. Another poster had a canvas guy glue a headliner carpet over it, and it seems to have worked well. I'm friends with one of the top yard guys over at Grand Banks and he took a look at my peeling vinyl the other day for me. His thought is that I could glue vinyl over it.

I see that permateak makes solid panels. What do you think about putting a "cherry" panel over it? I've got an installer coming in on Friday to give me a quote on the floors, I'm going to ask him what he thinks.
This is Andrew from North Country Boatworks (we did BACKINBLUE's Mainship Permateek project). We're located in Connecticut but the convenience of Permateek is that our network of authorized distributors are nationwide/worldwide. Same goes with most synthetic teak companies for that matter. It all comes down to a client's personal preference towards the product, pricing, and relationship with the fabricator/installer.

I'm trying to be sensitive to the strict no-solicitation rules on this forum but also trying to be helpful to the members, so I'll just say that there are Permateek installers throughout the country who can advise with your questions. Feel free to check out the Permateek website for a list of contacts who can help. Best of luck.
PULLMAN is offline   Reply With Quote