2001 Ms390 plumbing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tiz

Anyone know what brand was used for the plumbing fittings? Doesn’t look like whale. Plastic compression fittings not the stab-fit type or whatever they are called ( like whale )

Need to cap a t fitting.

—Kevin

No idea what was used but there is probably a Shark fitting that will work.

Most of the tubing used is marked with the size and most marine / MS is 14mm. As long as you use the correct size any brand should be satisfactory as a replacement.
A pic would help find the exact replacement.

Ok can try to get a pic. More to follow possibly sunday

—Kevin

Mainship used SeaTech 15mm fittings. They are close to 1/2" but when I tried using that size it leaked. I think Don made a typo when he said 14mm.

Anyone know what brand was used for the plumbing fittings? Doesn’t look like whale. Plastic compression fittings not the stab-fit type or whatever they are called ( like whale )

Need to cap a t fitting.

—Kevin
Seatech 15mm fittings are used easy to tell Black are 15mm and white is 1/2" it should be 1/2" to the pump and 15mm after that, do not use hardware store pex it will leak

You'll need to look closely at the water lines themselves. They should have the size printed on them. My 1999 uses 3/8" ID. It's very difficult to find the fittings. I suspect the idea was to maintain water pressure and reduce water usage. Every other US boat I've ever seen uses 1/2". 15mm looks and feels close to 1/2", but leaks.

You'll need to look closely at the water lines themselves. They should have the size printed on them. My 1999 uses 3/8" ID. It's very difficult to find the fittings. I suspect the idea was to maintain water pressure and reduce water usage. Every other US boat I've ever seen uses 1/2". 15mm looks and feels close to 1/2", but leaks.

Cant speak for the older 390's / 350's pre 2001 but for sure the plumbing after 2000 are SeaTech 15MM Black and pre pump they are white Sea Tech which is 1/2"

This is the t connection . Id like to cap off the branch that runs toward the camera.

I measured tube id/od and found it about 16mm/.62” od and 11mm/.48” id.

So what do i need to cap it off or get more plumbing parts for repairs in the future?

Attachments

• 26977A6D-CA12-4340-9FDB-737AAE8B285F.jpeg
    26977A6D-CA12-4340-9FDB-737AAE8B285F.jpeg
    95.1 KB · Views: 21
Back
Top Bottom