Analog Engine data to NMEA 2000???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mvweebles

Guru
Vessel Name
Weebles
Vessel Make
1970 Willard 36 Trawler
I have a newer Simrad EVO 3 system. Also have an ancient but beloved Perkins 4.236 diesel. Looking for feedback and experience with converting base analog engine data (RPM, temp, oil pressure) to N2k for display on MFD. Not looking for full Maretron system monitoring. Wondering if it's possible without too much effort and money...

Thanks in advance

Peter

Ditto for the Noland RS11. I use them on my Perkins T6.354's. Setup was relatively easy, and they've worked flawlessly ever since 2014.

I installed an RS-11 and it feeds motor data for my 2 DD 6-71's to an EVO2 NSS9 and a GO7 XSR. The only bad thing about the RS-11 is the coolant temperature calibration assumes a linear response, and my sensors aren't. Since only a 2-point calibration is possible, they are accurate at running temperature, but I don't think they are very accurate above or below that. I am going to add an Actisense EMU-1 to read coolant and a few other things. That has a multi-point calibration ability. Between those 2 devices I will have oil pressure, coolant temperature, alternator voltage, RPM, and battery voltage for each engine, plus house battery voltage. NoLand tech support was very good.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom