Pairadice is Sold!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
Pairadice
Vessel Make
Sold Selene 47
After some 20K nautical miles, 6+ years and many port of calls we have sold Pairadice.

We started our journey back in early 2015 where we found Pairadice in Portland Oregon. She had very low hours on her and had been basically a dock queen. We spent a year upgrading and repairing her in preparing her for cruising.

2016 we attended our first Selene rendezvous before cruising the inside passage through BC to Kitimat before turning around and returning to Portland some 7 months later.

2017 we attended our second Selene rendezvous before cruising through BC again on our way to SE Alaska. We again turned around and headed south once again returning to Portland 7 month later.

2018 we cruised the Columbia and Snake river from Portland to Idaho and back.

2019-2020 we headed south along the west coast into the Sea of Cortez, MX for almost 10 months.

2020-2021 we departed the Sea of Cortez in September to continue south along the west coast of Mexico and south on the west coast of Central America to the Panama Canal. We transited the canal in April of 2021 before continuing to Florida where she arrived late May and finally docking her in South Carolina mid June. Another 10 month journey.

We decided to put her up for sale and with the help of Jeff Merrill and Rob Piwowarczyk of JMYS she was sold to a very nice Canadian couple from BC, closing just a few days ago. She was never actually listed for sale as the new owners had been looking for a Selene for some time.

We have throughly enjoyed our travels onboard Pairadice. She has been a safe and reliable home for us and hope the new caretakers continue to travel with her for many more years. The Trawler Forum community is a great bunch of people who have helped us many times over the years.

We have decided to take a break from cruising and focus on family and building a new home. The lifelong friends we have met or cruised with over the years, give us a new outlook on life and we plan to visit them often.

So with a little sadness we say good bye to the Cruising Community and wish you all Fair Winds and Following Seas!

Cheers!

John & Tracey
MVPairadice, S4714 (Sold)

Attachments

• CF8732FF-44D7-4B96-845B-6882814E8127.jpeg
    CF8732FF-44D7-4B96-845B-6882814E8127.jpeg
    39.7 KB · Views: 516
Sorry to see you sell, but happy it went smoothly. Tracey and John, I hope building your new home is another enjoyable experience.

Ted

Beautiful boat and congratulations on the sale. Best wishes

We'll see you again after you are done doing ashore whatever needs doing there. Happy trails.

Great to see a well laid plan work out so well. Congratulations to you and good luck.
I am taking your turn in the Sea of Cortez!

John:

Congrats on the easy sale. That will no doubt lead to an equally easy transition from the cruiser lifestyle to the new focus.
Do you know if the new owners are planning to bring Paradice home to BC? Keeping the name? TFers?

Your boat travels were impressive and I bet you have some great memories. Good luck on the next chapter.

What a wonderful adventure!

Best to you!

Thank you all for the kind words.

The new owners are a great couple from BC, Greg and Farah are excited to travel on there new boat. They do plan to rename her and for the foreseeable future travel the east coast and further south. If all goes to plan they hope to bring her back through the Canal and up the west coast to BC.

Tracey and I had a fantastic time cruising onboard Pairadice and we will most definitely miss the cruising lifestyle. Boat people are a special breed. I don't think we met anyone during our travels that didn’t become friends and many have become close friends. We remain in contact with many of them (including blowboaters).

The TF crowd is very unique and through TF we have met so many really great people. Its a real treat to put a face to a person that we shared so much on the ole internet.

I would ask you all to reach out to others here and build a friendship that will most likely last a lifetime, you wont regret it. We may not agree with everyone’s beliefs and convictions, but us boat people have an awful lot in common. Before you get angry at someone here on this site, ask yourself this simple question. If I was standing in front of that person would I say what I’m about to say……..chances are you wouldn’t, so reconsider saying it here in this format.

We wish you all good fortune and happiness, and don’t be afraid to step outside your comfort zone and cruise to some place new and different. Its been a blast for us.

John & Tracey

It`s entirely TF`s loss, you are a great contributor. Thank you.

Congratulations on all accounts! Quite the chapter of life to complete, you guys definitely checked a lot of destination boxes with all your travels. Must feel nice to be able to sell the boat quickly and move to the next chapter of life. All the best!

I agree that you got the most usage out of your boat and time to try new things. That’s what I hope in 10 years to say. Best wishes!

When you two cruised up through our neighborhood on your way to the Snake River it was our pleasure to spend some time with you.

Congrats on the quick sale. Beachcomber also ended up in Vancouver, BC, going to a nice couple who will take good care of her.

Your boating resume will be hard to beat.
I must say the timing of the sale after such a great voyage is going out on a high note.
Best wishes John and Tracey

When you two cruised up through our neighborhood on your way to the Snake River it was our pleasure to spend some time with you.

Congrats on the quick sale. Beachcomber also ended up in Vancouver, BC, going to a nice couple who will take good care of her.

Cheers Mike & Tina,

Have you had a chance to take that Motor Home out for an extended trip yet? We are taking a breather for a few months but anticipate a trip up north to visit family early next year. SO don’t be surprised if we stop by for a visit.

A cold one on your back porch and telling lies is something we look forward to.

J&T

John & Tracey,

We met you just as you were leaving San Carlos. Glad the rest of your cruising went well. You have been a model TF member and contributor. Class Act. Thanks for being a fine couple and if you ever end up back this way in San Carlos Nov-May, give us a shout. In the warmer months we will be cruising the PNW and following some of your old routes.

Captain DJ (aka Darrin Jones)

Congratulations on a Great Adventure and having a great boat that you actually used. Hope your land adventure turns out just as good.

Wow, I had no idea you could cruise all the way to Idaho! Sounds like you enjoyed some great adventures. All the best!

I will miss my best friends on the water. But I suspect one afternoon I will hear the sound of a float plane landing in the bay and John, Tracey and miss Patches will emerge. I miss you already. Kay and I love you all lots. Same adventure in life, just a different track.

Update.
The new owners of Pairadice are now in the Bahamas. They left South Carolina the end of November and worked there way south on the ICW and have been in the Bahamas now for a few weeks. Pairadice still shows up on AIS as the new owners are trying to update the MMSI info, but struggle with the govt. entities of both the US and Canada. If your in the area and happen to have a few minutes, please stop by and introduce yourselves, they are very nice people and would welcome you as we did,
Cheers, John. Tracey

John - I was truly amazed at your canvas skills reading your blog. And a confession - for the longest time I thought your user name was Crusty CHEF not Chief. Ex Navy?

Ps - out of curiosity why did you need to replace the raw sewage lines when the boat was low hour and not that old when you bought it? Maybe I misread it.

John - I was truly amazed at your canvas skills reading your blog. And a confession - for the longest time I thought your user name was Crusty CHEF not Chief. Ex Navy?

Ps - out of curiosity why did you need to replace the raw sewage lines when the boat was low hour and not that old when you bought it? Maybe I misread it.

Yes Sir, retired Navy Chief many moons ago. And thank you for the kuddo’s on the canvas work, saved a ton of boat bucks on that project. We replaced all the sanitation lines when the boat was almost 15 years old. We knew we were gonna be traveling for long trips and hoped it would last for several more years of constant use and we were right. And several years later we removed a few lines while in the Sea of Cortes and beat the hell out of them to remove the build up in them. When you pretty much live full time and travel as much as we did, you gotta stay up on the sanitation system. Things can get pretty shitty real quick if you dont, LOL!

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom