New Member from Key West

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Miss Marie

Vessel Name
Miss Marie
Vessel Make
SeaRay 44AC
Ed Coy
Boca Chica NAS for a couple of years. Have been retired for 4 and own a SeaRay 44AC for the same amount of time. Enjoy the ocean! Glad to a part of the forum and look forward to sharing the news!:dance:

Key West? You must have some good hurricane stories! Seems like they've been hammered a number of times in the last couple years. Nice place to visit though!

Ed Coy
Boca Chica NAS for a couple of years. Have been retired for 4 and own a SeaRay 44AC for the same amount of time. Enjoy the ocean! Glad to a part of the forum and look forward to sharing the news!:dance:

Wifey B: Welcome aboard. Oh I just love Key West. It's a world of calm and peace. Hope they've transformed you. We were last there for just a day a week ago. My kind of place. :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Wifey B: Welcome aboard. Oh I just love Key West. It's a world of calm and peace. Hope they've transformed you. We were last there for just a day a week ago. My kind of place. :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Calm and Peace? Ever been to Fantasy Fest? More like drink and party than calm and peace!

Calm and Peace? Ever been to Fantasy Fest? More like drink and party than calm and peace!

Wifey B: Yes, loved Fantasy Fest and did it without doing all the drinking part. Incredible experience. :)

Wifey B: Yes, loved Fantasy Fest and did it without doing all the drinking part. Incredible experience. :)

Ha. I guessed it!

Went three years in a row in the late nineties. Guessing not much has changed.

Hmmm, I thought drinking was required in Key West!

Key West

Have been in or around Key West for over 20 years. No more festivities! Just peace and calm…. Plus good eating

Ha. I guessed it!

Went three years in a row in the late nineties. Guessing not much has changed.

Wifey B: I heard one year they decided to clamp down and disallow nudity and other things and nearly killed it but returned to normal the following year. The adult portions are limited to certain areas so easy to avoid if desired and lots for kids. We've only been once but had a blast. Pumps a lot into local economy but also raises a lot for charity. :D

Have been in or around Key West for over 20 years. No more festivities! Just peace and calm…. Plus good eating

Wifey B: Great eating and one of my fave activities is just walking along from local art gallery to art gallery. And for dessert, one place that stands above all others and that is Better Than Sex. For restaurants, you can find a different delightful one every day. Hard to beat some of the old standbys though, like Half Shell and Blue Heaven but at least 20 really good places to eat. :)

Blue Heaven is the only restaurant we will likely ever hear a server matter of factly ask as we’re being seated, “Would you like me to remove the chicken from the umbrella over your table?” And we respond, “No, he’s fine.”

Ed Coy

Welcome aboard! Key West is fun! May be bringing a boat down in early 2023. We will see.

Welcome aboard !:thumb:

Are you in the NAS Marina on Boca Chica Bay? That looks like a really nice facility.
I lived in Key West proper and various areas North as far as Big Pine for 10 years before moving to Islamorada for another 6 years as a decompression stop pre civilization. At one time I was a vendor for marine supplies to the Navy Exchange as well as the various Naval Detachments and the Coast Guard.
I sailed and windsurfed all over Boca Chica Bay and out to Sambo and Dry Rocks for many years. Cruised and did deliveries extensively all over the Keys and Florida and I'm a current member of the Upper Keys Sailing Club on Point Pleasant in Key Largo.
Was at the first Fantasy Fest, and many more. For all my times in the Keys, both past and present, I'm told I had a very good time.

The Sea Ray 44 Express Bridge is actually on my short list for the next boat

:thumb::socool:

Attachments

• sunset toast.jpg
    sunset toast.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 6
Welcome fellow Sear Ray owner.

I was sure I was going to buy a trawler, but had trouble finding one in good condition under a quarter mil. As spring came around I decided to look at other options and bought a beautiful , well cared for 440 EB, twin thrusters and every option, rightin my town. Anyway I still use it like a trawler, unless I don’t like the weather, then I’m out of there at triple speed. I’m not regretting it at all.
Owen

Attachments

• 7D1BD267-58BC-4BDD-89DB-E8AB5B86ABFF.jpg
    7D1BD267-58BC-4BDD-89DB-E8AB5B86ABFF.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 8
No need to apologize for going fast!

I was sure I was going to buy a trawler, but had trouble finding one in good condition under a quarter mil. As spring came around I decided to look at other options and bought a beautiful , well cared for 440 EB, twin thrusters and every option, rightin my town. Anyway I still use it like a trawler, unless I don’t like the weather, then I’m out of there at triple speed. I’m not regretting it at all.
Owen

Nice boat!

Welcome aboard! So are you docked at the marina on NAS as a live aboard? I understand there is a marina. I have been toying with the idea of pulling my trailer trawler down there from north central FL and and spending a month or two this winter. So if you are staying on NAS any info is greatly appreciated. Otherwise just Welcome aboard!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom