Old 11-19-2021, 09:07 PM   #24
Helmsman
Guru

City: Chattanooga
Vessel Name: Mishy Jean
Vessel Model: Helmsman Trawler 38E
Quote:
Originally Posted by BandB View Post
Wifey B: We cruised from Chattanooga to Columbus MS and back. I think it was about the time we cruised through the "Grand Canyon of the East" on Lake Nickajack that we were mesmerized by the beauty and when we hit Lake Guntersville and realize both it and Chickamauga were much bigger than our home lake and we were just getting started. We didn't even get to Kentucky Lake that trip, so someone could have easily said "You ain't seen nothin' yet" to us. I'm still excited by the monstrous and beautiful and so relatively underdeveloped Kentucky Lake and then it having a nice opening into a whole other river. It's like Pickwick opening to the TN Tom and then the Gulf of Mexico. Omg, I'm getting excited just typing and in the office where getting too excited isn't a good idea.
We live on Lake Chickamauga, and your description of the trip up or down Nickajack is right on point. If you get that far, head north through Watts Barr, on to Ft Loudon, and head down to the foot of the Smokies on the Tellico. You will really enjoy it. Feel free to PM when you get close.
Helmsman is offline   Reply With Quote