1981 Burns Craft Construction Methods/Materials

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Art

Guru
Vessel Make
Tollycraft 34' Tri Cabin
Hi TF Folks!

These questions/requests pertain to 1981 "Burns Craft" boat construction methods/techniques/materials. Any information is greatly appreciated! - Art

I’m seeking to find original build-out info on 1981 Burns Craft 42' flush deck, convertible sport fisher with large cockpit, enclosed salon, and trunk cabin.

Our bullet proof and beloved 1977 34’ Tolly Tri Cabin will stay long term in the family. Burns Craft convertible I’m researching would be for SF Bay Sport Fishing... and other opportunities!

Do you know about any of the following?

1. For Bottom, Hull, and Transom Material Composition - - > Did Burns Craft build: Solid FG, Cored FG (if so what type core), Cold Laminate, i.e. FG over Plywood?
2. For Stringer Material Composition - - > Did Burns Craft build: FG over Wood Beams, or FG over Rigid Foam?

Thanks, and, anything else about 1981 Burns Craft 42' you might like to mention is appreciated! :thumb:

Cheers, Art ;)

Art, I had a friend who bought a 1980 or so 42' Burnscraft house boat. It was built in Alabama. I have seen the convertible, but no real experience with one. I was not overly impressed with the house boat construction. The same people built the convertible, so would be suspicious of the convertible. That is all I know, and that was 30 years ago.

Art, I had a friend who bought a 1980 or so 42' Burnscraft house boat. It was built in Alabama. I have seen the convertible, but no real experience with one. I was not overly impressed with the house boat construction. The same people built the convertible, so would be suspicious of the convertible. That is all I know, and that was 30 years ago.

Thanks, Don! - - >
30 yrs ago, you men YESTERDAY, Don't You!?!? :rofl: :lol: :dance: :eek:

Look at the Houseboat forum! Lots of good information on this brand. I'm assuming it is the same company that built mostly houseboats?

Look at the Houseboat forum! Lots of good information on this brand. I'm assuming it is the same company that built mostly houseboats?

TY Jolly Time... I'll look into it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom