Teleflex Cable Length

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

waltini

I would like to replace my control cable with the following numbers 33CU575 then 6128. Can anyone help with the length of the cable? I get it is a 33C but which numbers are the length? Thanks

This may, or may not, help. It does have contact information.

Attachments

• Steering-Teleflex-Measure.pdf
    105.3 KB · Views: 18
The last digits are usually the length, sometimes in inches. 6128 is 10.6 ft so that makes no sense, although both Teleflex and Morse did make cables in 1/2 ft sizes at one time for OEM's only.

The rule is the jacket length + 18" = "cable length"

If you have a stocking dealer handy you could also lay them out and compare for size.

And the history is, Teleflex bought Morse, Sea Star bought Teleflex, then Dometic bought Sea Star, and so the consolidation of the Marine Industry continues..

:socool:

I would like to replace my control cable with the following numbers 33CU575 then 6128. Can anyone help with the length of the cable? I get it is a 33C but which numbers are the length? Thanks

The last digits are usually the length, sometimes in inches. 6128 is 10.6 ft so that makes no sense, although both Teleflex and Morse did make cables in 1/2 ft sizes at one time for OEM's only.

The rule is the jacket length + 18" = "cable length"

If you have a stocking dealer handy you could also lay them out and compare for size.

And the history is, Teleflex bought Morse, Sea Star bought Teleflex, then Dometic bought Sea Star, and so the consolidation of the Marine Industry continues..

:socool:

Thanks Keysdisease, all great information. I was hoping to use the old cable to pull the new one through and here in Australia I could be waiting weeks for a replacement if I pull the old one out first.

I am waiting for a reply from Seastar and if no luck I will have to pull it and measure.

Back
Top Bottom