New member from Georgian Bay

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

400North

Vessel Name
Paradiso
Vessel Make
Campion 300
Just thought I would say hi. We cruise in southern Georgian Bay, Ontario, Canada. Purchased a 1982 Campion 300 the end of August. Single diesel with no thrusters. Will be a learning experience for sure. This is my 5th boat and 1st trawler. Can't wait to spend some time on the forum and learn as much as possible.

fSHhLDs

Welcome aboard TF.
I have to say IMO you have some of the best cruising areas in your backyard and access to many other wonderful cruising grounds.
We spent a couple months in 2019 on TSW and Georgian Bay.

Welcome Aboard. You will surprise yourself on how well the boat handles. You don't need thrusters.

pete

Welcome aboard from the Sunshine Coast ,the admiral is from Peterborough,
Barb & Will

Welcome aboard. We went through that area when we brought our boat home from Virginia. Beautiful area. We hope to be able to return to Canada and the North Channel some day soon.

Welcome! Glad to have another Great Lakes member.

BD

welcome, Hope to go this this summer.

Welcome aboard from Toronto. Lots to learn here.

Hello Campion trawler Neighbour

Just thought I would say hi. We cruise in southern Georgian Bay, Ontario, Canada. Purchased a 1982 Campion 300 the end of August. Single diesel with no thrusters. Will be a learning experience for sure. This is my 5th boat and 1st trawler. Can't wait to spend some time on the forum and learn as much as possible.

fSHhLDs
Hello 400North, you are almost a neighbour. My wife and I just bought a 1982 Campion 310 last month. The seller piloted it 1000kms from his place on Lake Champlain PQ down the Seaway and up the Trent Canal to our home port of Monto Reno Marina on Lake Simcoe. We put it in dry dock on our property for a complete winter make-over. So far I have made and installed new wrap graphics on the hull and fly bridge. My wife is tearing out the interior and we are planning a complete new V-berth, Galley and new appliances, head and shower and new upholstery and curtains through-out. Wow... a big job for a senior couple, but it will be worth it all come Spring. Hope to see you when we visit Georgian Bay!

Attachments

• The Queen Mary.jpg
    The Queen Mary.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 12
Gary, did you travel with the old owner, to learn the boat?

Welcome aboard. Hope to be able to visit the North Channel someday. It's so close.

Gary, remind her to get all the possible storage. You may find some storage you had not considered. See if you can incorporate additional hanging closet space too.

Ahoy neighbour. Welcome aboard.
A former long time sailor myself, I bought an "experienced" single engine trawler two years ago that I am making an effort to bring back to her former glory.
I promise you are going to be really pleased, both with you boat and this forum.
Hoping to do the Trent this coming summer.

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Thank you all for the warm welcome. It is amazing how much we have in common, in our love of the water and boating, yet how distanced we are around North America.

One thing I am thankful for as a freshwater boater is removing the tides and salt corrosion from the experience. For now wind and docking a big single engine inboard without thrusters is enough to master. Happy cruising!

Gary, did you travel with the old owner, to learn the boat?

Hi OldDan, I boarded the last day and spent six hours getting a crash course on the boat and it's system's. My last boat was a 21' bowrider. I have gone 2 tons to 14 tons. I have owned boats for fifty two years, so I appreciate the wind, waves and weather impacts.

Hi OldDan, I boarded the last day and spent six hours getting a crash course on the boat and it's system's. My last boat was a 21' bowrider. I have gone 2 tons to 14 tons. I have owned boats for fifty two years, so I appreciate the wind, waves and weather impacts.

I was never in love with a bow rider. In my mind, I considered them a near death-trap. Everyone wants to ride forward so it ends up bow down and never enough bilge pumps IMO.
I'm sure you will enjoy getting out of the weather in the pilot house, close to the food, head and A/C. :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom