Hello from Oregon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jsnrsch

New member here. We have been dreaming of a trawler for well over a decade. Upcoming wedding and an amazing father in law is helping to make this all happen. Nordic Tug 32 offer in place. Fingers crossed.

Welcome aboard and good luck with the survey.

Thinking good thoughts for you. And welcome aboard!

My buddy just bought a Nordic Tug 32 in Comox about 6 months ago and loves it. He single hands it most of the time and has put about 100 hours on it. Its his commuter boat between Comox and Mayne Island where he and his wife have bought a home, he still works out of Comox at the base.

To really get your money's worth from your boat, you really need to move it to the Washington area to take advantage of the wonderful coast lines available from there.

Jsn, welcome aboard!

Will the boat be kept in Saint Helens?

I'm just up the road, dirt home in Columbia City.
Rsvp if you want to chat.

Great to e-meet you all. Hot Sauce is officially ours. We will be mooring in Scappoose Oregon. Hope to see some of you out there!

Congrats on your purchase! Wondering if our old GB50 "Shangri La" is still in Scappoose? I believe its new owners also owned the marina.

Tator

Welcome!! We are downriver from you in Longview

Welcome... Good Luck... Enjoy!!

i've never explored the river. are there many places to go? i see boats anchored here and there when i travel, but never really thought there was much to do.
i like the idea of boating in fresh water though.

i've never explored the river. are there many places to go? i see boats anchored here and there when i travel, but never really thought there was much to do.
i like the idea of boating in fresh water though.

Couldn't help but notice your statement above.

Gotta say... I agree!

For many decades on east coast and for years on west coast I boated in saltwater inside passages, anchored in protective bays and enjoyed coastal cruising. Sure was great fun and often exciting too. During those time spans my boat were always docked in saltwater mariners.

2009, when we had two boats docked in a SF Bay saltwater mariner, my wife convinced me to cruise well into the freshwaters of SF Delta [she's from here - I'm from New England states]. We then docked under a covered berth in freshwater. Soon we sold the 31' sport fisher sedan in SF Bay saltwater and have since stayed in the Delta's freshwater.

In addition to wonderful warm freshwater swimming [end of May - beginning of October] and year-long consistent calm-water conditions... the reduced deterioration effects on the boat in comparison to saltwater is astounding!

Only down side for us is when we docked in SF Bay saltwater the marina we partook slip in was minutes from our house. But - depending on traffic... SF Delta's marina is 1.5 to 2 hours away. There's always a tradeoff for boating enjoyment!! :dance::dance: :speed boat::speed boat:

Last edited:
jsnrsch, once you have had a chance to get used to your new wife and your new boat, bring the pair upstream to the Tri Cities for some great boating experiences. Also, if you are interested, I have an Excel spreadsheet that has mileages between almost all points up and down the Columbia and Snake as well as the radio call signs of all the locks and bridges.

If you want a copy, PM me with your email address and I'll send it off to you.

Oh, and welcome to TF. You're gonna like it here.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom