Hello!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CaptNav

Vessel Name
Navigator
Vessel Make
Island Gypsy 36 Europa
Hi everyone. I’m new to this forum. Looking forward to all discussions about trawlers and trailering! Our boat is 1998 Island Gypsy 36 Europa, “Navigator”.

Thanks!

Hi everyone. I’m new to this forum. Looking forward to all discussions about trawlers and trailering! Our boat is 1998 Island Gypsy 36 Europa, “Navigator”.

Welcome to the forum!

Did you mean "trawlers and trawlering"?

Ted

I did, OC Diver! Thanks for the correction.

I did, OC Diver! Thanks for the correction.

And here I thought we were gonna be reading about your adventures trailering that beast about the country. :)

Welcome aboard, btw.

Yikes, that would be something! No, she’s probably a bit large to tow to distant ports!

Welcome Aboard,from an ex IG36 owner. Pics of your 1998 IG would be interesting, I see "Integrity' touches in the avatar pic reflecting the evolve from IG to Integrity.

Yikes, that would be something! No, she’s probably a bit large to tow to distant ports!

If you are going to trailer it you will need a professional driver and remove the fly bridge.
Oh, and bring lots of money

BruceK, I see what you’re saying. I see similarities with your Integrity. My IG36 was ordered new by an experienced gentleman who optioned her up pretty heavily: stainless steel tanks, hatches and ports, a Cummins 330, generator, air con and heat, marble vanity top in head, tile shower floor, transom door, etc.

Was Halvorsen (sp?) involved with Integrity?

BruceK, I see what you’re saying. I see similarities with your Integrity. My IG36 was ordered new by an experienced gentleman who optioned her up pretty heavily: stainless steel tanks, hatches and ports, a Cummins 330, generator, air con and heat, marble vanity top in head, tile shower floor, transom door, etc.

Was Halvorsen (sp?) involved with Integrity?
The hull design is essentially by Harvey Halvorsen. Halvorsen went into partnership with an ex GB employee to build Island Gypsy boats. As I understand it, the partnership was based in Hong Kong but early on they began building the boats in mainland China by 1978, finishing them in HK(that information comes from Mark Halvorsen who I`ve met). At some point they began using Jiang Hua (? in Guangzhou) as the builder, eventually IG ceased building. But, Jiang Hua still had the moulds, which began to be used as the basis to build Integrity. Not sure if it was "with permission". Around 2008 Halvorsen built some non FB boats in Australia, but then construction ceases, as I understand it. My Integrity 386 is very much an IG36 significantly updated as regards accommodation etc, but the hull is still very Halvorsen. Somehow it`s a better seaboat than the IG36 (?slightly more length and beam). Transformation from "36ft" to "38ft 6" comes from incorporating the swimstep into the hull. In the same way, the IG40 became the Integrity 426.
Hope you enjoy your boat, Halvorsen have a traditional following here. Keep an eye on "Interesting Boats", I`m going to post an advert for the recently sold Halvorsen cruiser "Koomooloo" which has circumnavigated.

That’s an excellent summary. Great to know. Thanks.

Here`s a "road test" of a 2006 Integrity 386 ES. It`s actually my boat! I can tell from the State registration details. When I registered it in my State,having bought it interstate, the Maritime Registration Office restored its original unique registration.
https://www.yachtandboat.com/integrity-386es-trawler-review/
integrity_386es.jpg

Last edited:
Beautiful boat.
According to the description: "No crew required"
How can that be?
:lol:

I can see the design similarities between the IG 36 and the Integrity 38. Is the bottom of the Integrity extended the full length of the swim platform? Is that how they obtained the 38’ length? I can understand how having that extra two feet of bottom would benefit the ride.

Attachments

• 1D2C1F30-F82F-462E-B56D-D7410B6157BB.jpeg
    1D2C1F30-F82F-462E-B56D-D7410B6157BB.jpeg
    71.1 KB · Views: 4
My IG is a 1998, BTW.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom