Old 10-21-2021, 06:20 AM   #71
catalinajack
Guru

City: Edgewater, MD
Vessel Name: Catalina Jack
Vessel Model: Defever 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhays View Post
Wow…. I assume that you don’t like running. That is fine. Lots of folks don’t like running. However, many do.

FWIW, I don’t know any serious runners who run 2 hours a day. Even when I was training the hardest, I would typically only run 5 days a week for a total of 5-6 hours. Not the same amount of time each of those 5 days.

Running, at least for those with a modicum of intelligence and imagination, isn’t “mindless and boring”. However, it is hard to accomplish while cruising.
You don't know anyone who runs that much, but I do. Or, at least he did. Now, at 71yo, he is functionally crippled. It pains me immeasurably when we visit to watch him struggle to get out of a chair and hobble across a room. Yes, I do not like to run. I do find it mindless and boring. And, by the way, I do have a modicum of intelligence and imagination. I imagine that, because I hold an opinion that differs from yours, that makes you more intelligent than I. How patently ridiculous. By the way, I do ride a bicycle for exersise. I get to enjoy the scenery rolling smoothly along instead of having my head bounce around with every stride, boring after boring, endless steps. Such fun.
catalinajack is offline   Reply With Quote